Notices

I have messed up!!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have messed up!!

After six weeks sober i only went on a binge drinking session and ruined all my hard work! I am so angry at myself as now i am embarrassés and ashamed.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that was a momentary lapse of reason, you still have all you learned, (if you don't mind me sayin)
Old 01-06-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that Susan. The thing is you can't take it back now so try not to beat yourself up too much. Get back on the wagon and start again!! if you feel tempted again try and remember how you feel this morning and it may spur you on. : )
Old 01-06-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Learn from it and move on Susan. Try not to give yourself a hard time. This could be a really valuable experience for you, don't let it drag you down xxx
Old 01-06-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You didn't ruin all your good work - learn from your mistake, make the right decisions now and get back on the right road Susan

D
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Susan your hard work still there, let this be a lesson. I have had relapse after relapse but im still getting alot of sobertime and this sobertime is making me appreciate what a sober life is like compared to the drinking one. It will be rough but you will feel better in a few days I promise you. Don't beat yourself up. Let it be a lesson to you an eye opener of how easy we slip back into our destructive ways.
Peace
Old 01-06-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been there twice Susan.your time isn't wasted.don't beatyourself up. get back on the wagon and SR
Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Messing up would be not trying again .

You've lived to see another day .. what will you do different next time when you feel like you did when the binge started ?

seems to me if you can do 6 weeks then it might be possibe to do a lot more once you learn more sobriety tools and make them second nature .

I was trying to give up for about 10 years, i could do a week but then i'd go off the rails and not be able to get past 9 am sometimes . I've now done 16 months .

Bestwishes, M
Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for all your support. I have learned a valuable lesson and I am going to changevmy sober strategy. Onwards and upwards eh? Xx
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susan80 View Post
After six weeks sober i only went on a binge drinking session and ruined all my hard work! I am so angry at myself as now i am embarrassés and ashamed.
Well, take it easy on yourself. You can't lose what you have already accomplished.

I understand being angry, embarrassed or ashamed over it. That's natural to feel badly when you failed at a goal.

You get to start over.

Look at this like an opportunity.

You can do it.

Be encouraged!

Start again.

Happy New Year!

:day6
Old 01-06-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep moving forward, don't let this break you. I have seen way too many people slip up and then use it as an excuse to just not try anymore.

Try to make this slip a learning experience. Look back at your mood, thoughts, and feelings leading up to drinking. The better we know ourselves, the better chance we have at beating this!

Today is a new day
Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susan80 View Post
Hi Susan,

Something or some feeling must have triggered that binge---now you know what to beware of in you next try. So your sobriety was not wasted. Seeking sobriety is a great learning experience use everything you learn as a tool to get you closer to your goal.

Trix