Notices

Revelations about sobriety

Old 01-06-2013, 02:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Revelations about sobriety

Hello SRs,

I have been reading and commenting a lot but I haven't posted about myself.

I know I am only at day 20 this time but I have a different mindset. In 2012 I had 2 90days sobriety.

I am not saying it's a piece of cake but I have been feeling great and acting appropriately for a grown woman. I have found facebook posts and messages that were idiotic from when I was drunk. Same with emails and text messages. I listened to voice mails--I didn't even recognize that person. It is incentive to work on my sobriety.

There are internal rewards as well as external. The internal rewards are that I am starting to recognize my triggers, I can walk through an impulse and thinking positively. External rewards are seeing my husband not worried as much and feeling confident in me...of course not completely. That will take time.

I am reading the boards, reading recovery stories and resources, attending meetings at least 3 times per week, not keeping myself on a pity pot. A negative is that I am still sleeping on the couch due to my insomnia but there is probably more to that.

This forum is helpful. We can find some of ourself in all the posts.

Thanks to everyone for sharing.

gigi
Old 01-06-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

gigi, This is a great place, probably the best on the net.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Gigi, we are at the same stage I'm on day 21 and feeling exactly the same. This is the first time I ever had such a clear head and when I think about all the drunk phone calls etc i cringe!! I've loved the past three weeks exercising, seeing friends and family and waking up every morning feeling alive not groggy and worried about what I may have done the night before. Here's to 2013 sounds like its going to be our year!!! x