Notices

never never land

Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

never never land

it hasn't changed too much.. wide awake in the midle of the night
Old 01-06-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, OCD. Insomnia can suck big time. Sometimes I just had to accept that I was going to be awake and try to relax about it. Worked some of the times, but not too much.

Trolling here used to help.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

eyh, know what you mean, at least it's sat/sun am and not during the week where i have to get up.. I'm actually enjoying the solitude, thanks
Old 01-06-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey, struggling with it too...
I often play video games when I can't sleep... Not a very healthy option...but at least I don't stress about insomnia when I play.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm happy to be alive, counting my blessings
Old 01-06-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good sober sunday Dan

D
Old 01-06-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yea, life is so much better now
Old 01-06-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am still up at 4am. Same thing as you. I am going to try to wake up at a normal hour so I can try for true sleep tomorrow night.

wishing to sleep

gigi
Old 01-06-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i don't have to do anything for seven hours, so if figger, i can sleep about two hours, then i have all kinds of time in between
Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

In most cases I find that just resting is sufficient, even if I can't get to sleep, but sometimes the thoughts keep coming and it's not really restful. I can feel like I've spent hours going over stuff in my mind and that's not good at all.

Like when you get a song stuck in your head and you can't stop replaying it in your mind, even if it's a song you don't like. In fact, it usually is that way for me... not a song that I like, but a mindless ditty. Or just some random neutral thing that someone said - neither positive nor negative.

I know we're not supposed to give medical advice here, but I wish solace for you.

Your user name is OCDDan and I assume that's a reference to obsessive compulsive disorder.

I used to work with a woman who could not walk up a flight of stairs without counting them.

Her boyfriend taught her how to make explosives and when she was doing speed, she used that knowledge to decimate his car.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi OCDan, I have struggled with insomnia a lot in my life. I know how frustrating it is. It's cool that right now you can just go with it. I'm a night owl by nature and one of the things I like about it is that the world is so quiet at night. Really makes you feel like you just have this wonderful solitude. I also like to stargaze and of course night is the time for it. You might try going out and watching the stars. It is very beautiful and soul soothing.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lyoness View Post
I'm a night owl by nature.
Due to my work schedule over the decades, being a night owl is deeply engrained. Someone asked me, "did you see the sunrise this morning?" and I said, "other than when I have to catch an airplane flight, I haven't seen the sunrise in decades."

I'm not complaining. Just stating the facts.

When I'm awake I don't want to sleep, and when I'm asleep I don't want to get up. I had a job for 22 years that made that possible and another one recently that provided me the same luxury on most occasions, so I still haven't broken the habit.