Notices

I said I would not post

Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I said I would not post

I said I would not post.

The Oldest Member of my family died. Well over 90, I dont know.

And I am like totally scared of death and stuff like that, and It makes me really upset, well My mother died slowly of Cancer over 5 years and this rather serious alcohol addiction really took hold during that.

How can someone who just lost their Gramma (my cousin) comment about a book she is reading on facebook?

I must be too sensitive. I hardly knew her but she was part of my family's history, Since when did Mourning take 5 minutes.

My family has lived here for 110 years. Sorry again I'm somewhat upset.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

We all handle loss in various ways I think Space.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Resist the urge to drink - it doesn't help...and you may be able to be of service to someone else in your family.

D
Old 01-06-2013, 12:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your loss. Grief is a strange emotion, and we all deal with it differently. Maybe your cousin was trying to escape for a little bit with the book.

When my dad died almost three years ago I went to work the next day because we would not be able to fly back to the East Coast until the following day. Some people may have thought I was crazy, but I needed to keep my mind busy and I knew if I sat at home just waiting I would be a mess.

I have very similar fears about death, I do not like the idea of not being here one day, which is why I intend to make the very most of each day, actually a great motivator for sobriety.

I hope you're doing ok Space, I also hope you keep posting.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I am sorry for your loss. Grief is a strange emotion, and we all deal with it differently. Maybe your cousin was trying to escape for a little bit with the book.

When my dad died almost three years ago I went to work the next day because we would not be able to fly back to the East Coast until the following day. Some people may have thought I was crazy, but I needed to keep my mind busy and I knew if I sat at home just waiting I would be a mess.

I have very similar fears about death, I do not like the idea of not being here one day, which is why I intend to make the very most of each day, actually a great motivator for sobriety.

I hope you're doing ok Space, I also hope you keep posting.
This is the Day My mother died of Multiple Myloma Cancer 5 years ago. I'm gonna be such a down dog, I have to see my Dad today. And his Aunt just Died. I need to be more positive. Lets say that again, I need to be more positive.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I'm sorry for your loss of your mother. Honor her by taking good care of yourself.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Being there for your dad today is going to be a great support for him. You are allowed to feel sad today, but I agree with Soberlicious, your mom would want you to take care of you.

Sending hugs today, and positive thoughts your way.