Notices

Sleeping

Old 01-06-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sleeping

Cannot sleep at all. Even got some pills from the doc which haven't helped. Started eating, drinking water, exercising and kept physically busy for 12 hours. I'm so frustrated I could cry! Want a drink so bad. That's 5 - days like this. Sorry for the downer hope you are all well
Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The first week was always rough for me, sleepwise - I didn't take any meds, I just tried to get as much rest as I could.

Drinking just means you'll eventually get back to this point again Eunectes.

Hope you return to a normal rhythm soon

D
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How long have you been sober Eunectes? The first few weeks for me were practically sleepless. It wasn't pleasant but after that I slept like a baby. Give it time x
Old 01-06-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm going through the same thing.

Gave up trying to sleep about 3 or 4 hours ago, and it's not even 6:30am (my time). To make matters worse, it's not only the insomnia. I'm also getting lots of painful muscle spasms, as well as disturbingly vivid dreams whenever I am able to dooze off.

Oh well. None of this is unexpected, and I know that eventually, 'this too shall pass'. But it sure is an unpleasant thing to go through. You have my sympathy.

Btw, I am now on day 5. So at least there is that. :-)
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 25years2long View Post
disturbingly vivid dreams whenever I am able to dooze off.
I've had those. They are horrific. People I don't even know are trying everything in their capacity to kill me... repeatedly, but I can't die. Smashing glass over my head, stabbing me with knives over and over. I never hurt anyone enough for them to want to retaliate in such an extreme way.

I've done some stupid stuff over the years (who hasn't?), but I'm not aware of anyone hating me because of it. If they do, they haven't told me.

It's probably a biochemical thing as well as all the stuff that gets knocked out by drinking yourself to sleep. Stop that cycle and you're going to have to dream, and it isn't always random stuff. It can be very specific and targeted towards a personal sense of guilt and shame.

Perhaps being a stumble bum is enough to be ashamed about. I don't have a history of being mean to people.