Notices

13th stepping

Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by sapling
You can probably find one of these in the grocery store
Well, yeah, but you're going to expect that out in the world. Meetings are perceived as a safe place to be, and they generally are. But that's why it's possible for a newcomer to fall for crap from a virtual stranger at a meeting that they'd never fall for from a stranger in the grocery store. It's not even the same.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Meetings are perceived as a safe place to be, and they generally are.
They are the safest place I've ever been...My point is..Some people are sicker than others...No matter where you go...Are you a member of AA?...You seem to always have something to say about it.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

It easy when the creeper is gross, but when they are well dressed and charismatic...instincts overide some silly meetings and a boring book
Old 01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by sapling
Are you a member of AA?...You seem to always have something to say about it.
Ahhh...you follow my posts too? Again, I'm flattered. xo

I am intimately familiar with the 12 steps and the fellowship. I've been involved starting in childhood (ala-teen) and on and off throughout my adulthood in AA and Ala-non. I even ran an ala-teen group for quite a stretch in my early 20's. I rarely go now, but have been known to take others who have reached out to me. I have many aquaintances, some family members, and a couple of longtime friends who are "friends of Bill".

Since this thread is on 13th stepping and is newcomers section, I posted because, first of all, I can...and secondly, I am very familiar with 13th stepping. I have had more than one proposition from men who, although had some "time" under their belts, were less than "rigorously honest". Let's just say that their wives/gf's were not down with it. Unfortunately, because I was fresh from rehab, they mistook my "newness" for naivete, which was a misjudgement. Not every newcomer is as "sure of themselves" as I am (read that however you'd like ), so I also posted because I think for women especially, you just can't ever be too careful. Further, although I do date both genders, I have never been "13 stepped" by another female, but I'm sure it happens.

Let me clarify that I do think there is a difference between meeting in the rooms, hanging out, dating, etc...and 13th stepping. One is not the other. True 13th stepping has an element of one taking advantage of another more vulnerable.

In any event, I don't think I have been disrespectful in my contribution to the discussion here. If you think I have, please feel free to PM me.