Notices

Decisions in Early Sobriety - help me please!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Decisions in Early Sobriety - help me please!

Hi guys - I have a question and it's driving me nuts. I'm currently in AA and have 70 days sober. I'm on Step 4 with my sponsor, but I am having a life situation that is so-called giving me practice concerning step 3. Made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God as I understand him. I understand this, but on a deeper level, I'm confused. I have to make a pretty tough decision on monday that I am truly freaking out about. The decision is a scary one - as there is uncertainty and fear on one side of the equation and unhappiness and stress on the other. It has to do with my job. To me, I'm not sure how step 3 now comes into play. I understand it, but if I have to make a decision, how do I know which the right one is if I have turned my will over to God?

Do I just make a decision and hope it's the right one? I would so totally drink over this in the past and I"m not drinking, but I'm anxious as hell and I don't know what to do and I"m trying to use the steps to my advantage, but since no decision is the "right" one - I don't know how to go about making it!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I suggest that you talk to your sponsor.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Niki

I'd definitely speak with your sponsor if you haven't.

I think sometimes tho there are simply no guarantees on tough decisions...we have to get as much wise counsel as we can, pray on it, if you're the praying kind...

and then ultimately we have to make a choice....and hope it's the 'right' one.

D
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

with a hard decision, it kinda implies that either side is going to have it's challenges. so, like Dee said, get as smart as you can about it, make the decision, then do the footwork that the decision requires, do that footwork to the best of your ability, and then let go of the results. the results are your HP's department.

good luck, maybe will be in a room here in 773 land with ya soon!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Step 3 was a decision to be under the care of a power greater than me and to move to step 4 "at once" and not hesitate complete it.

Step 3 didn't "come alive" for me until I completed step 7, but that is my experience.