Notices

1 week....

Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 week....

Today is 1 week for me, I feel ok this morning, however while sitting with my coffee I am reminded again of previous attempts at sobriety and there are 2 demons that continue to haunt me, they are 2 weeks and 4 weeks, I dont know why but previous attempts always seem to end at either 2 weeks or 4 weeks....this is my fear and while I feel ok this morning, the fear is there and its real....at this point I will cross that bridge when I get to it....gotta live day to day and just keep working at my day and try not to live to much in the future...I do isolate a lot and working at it is tough but its all I have at this point...
Old 01-05-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on one week....Why is isolating all you have? Isolating was the kiss of death for me.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Only 2 demons ??..... you're lucky !

I found Alcoholics Anonymous to be the only lasting treatment for my alcoholism.

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 01-06-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats for 1 week. Maybe plan a day with a sober friend on the 2nd and 4th week...attend an AA event.

Keep posting

gigi
Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations SIPD

If you're worried about 2/4 weeks what are you doing specially to get past it this time?

D
Old 01-06-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

SIPD,

Worrying about the future (and how I am sure to fail) has been a stumbling block for me.

I remember when I was quite young and taking my first long driving trips, I would measure in increments of how far I was right now, "Ok, I've driven 2 hours; I can do 2 hours again, no sweat."

So yesterday was Day 5, which has no meaning when we measure by anything but days-so-far. But I like the number 5 and it's not associated with any of my previoius "records," and somehow another 5 days seems to be just as easy as the already-done 5.

If I feel the need to set a future goal that has a value, that's what I'm going to use for now. "Ok, that's 5. I can surely repeat that." Then I can set this thought of the future aside and simply keep on.

I don't know if that makes sense or helps you to think about a different approach, but thought I'd share.

Excellent job on 1 week, or 7 days, or .25 of a lunar cycle. Whichever way you count it, you are continuing sober and now is what counts right now.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on one week sober and here's to many more!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SIPD

You and I are a lot of like. I am on day 6. I wish you the best of luck. We are after all neighbors. We can do this. Feel free to friend me if you like.

Scoob
Old 01-08-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Hope you are well SIPD.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Morning Scoob...doing ok this morning...I didnt drink last night although I was having the argument with my AV about that all night...I ended up watching the game until the 4th quarter then had a sandwich and ended up going to sleep...HAHA...hope you had and awesome night last night...yes it is way way better waking up as a whole person instead of the hungover mess that I grew so accustomed to dealing with in the mornings...I am actually going to try to make it to a meeting today around dinner time...Ill be driving to PA this morning, im off today but work the rest of the week so I will be staying at my Dads place. Yes I work in Philly so during the work week I try to stay at my Dads as much as I can...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How are you doing Scoob??
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am glad you made it through. I agree about waking up in one piece.My head still not feeling right though. Well I guess it is going to take some time since I have been drinking for over 30 years. Great idea to hit that meeting later. I will be attending one at noon.
Does your dad own a computer? I hope you will still be able to post. There are strength in numbers and you and I need as much strength right now as possible.

Make a great day
scoob
Old 01-08-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Congrats on 1 week! I use to have problems after 2 weeks. I would give in to my voice telling me that I needed it. The last time I relapsed I was determined to do it and I went and saw a counsellor. Best thing I did. He said we just have to get you to 3 weeks. And I actually did it. That 3rd week was the absolute worst all I could think off was running to the store and drowning myself.

I spent everyday at my daughters untill 11:00 pm and basically got thru it minute by minute. You can do this. I'm now at 5 months and I never thought I would make this far. But I did it and so can you!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes I do have my laptop with me so ill be online a lot plus I can logon from work so no worries on that
Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ok cool