Notices

What are some online options to help quit drinking

Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are some online options to help quit drinking

Right now AA mtgs are not an option due to kids and living in the boonies. I tried to quit on my own and with this site...but I keep failing..or not changing. I know I need to change on the inside vs using will power and simply not drinking (although that seems too hard at the moment). Does anyone know of some online programs??
Old 01-04-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sure others will be along with some AA on line information. I think there are on line meetings and some audio information. This might be a good option for you right now. I can give you some names of SR members on SR, if you need more direct in put. We all want you to be successful
Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AA information

I meant to say, some AA members, on SR. Also, I believe there is AA information on this site as well.

Last edited by Pondlady; 01-04-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: mis take in wording
Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovered Alcoholic And Heroin

Originally Posted by Melanomagirl View Post
Right now AA mtgs are not an option due to kids and living in the boonies. I tried to quit on my own and with this site...but I keep failing..or not changing. I know I need to change on the inside vs using will power and simply not drinking (although that seems too hard at the moment). Does anyone know of some online programs??

You can have a sponsor over the internet, much like the AA's did via Letter, I know someone who went through the steps in prison via letters. You could get a few trusted numbers on here who are solution based. I would work with you but im not too sure how comfortable you would be with a male from New York sponsoring you via Telephone, it could be done though. Read some of my posts and let me know what you think!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Here are some online speakers: AA Speaker Tapes : Listen To Alcoholics Anonymous Speakers Hope this helps.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melanomagirl View Post
Women for Sobriety has online meetings. I don't use AA, but I know they have meetings online as well.

Also, try reading some of the books on Anna's list, they have been helpful.