Notices

Friday Night and Scared

Old 01-04-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday Night and Scared

So, my boyfriend and I have talked about how many drinks I can pound back in a night, and I felt this might be a good way to get out the feelings about how much I rely on a drink. It's Friday and dinner is done, I would normally think about drinking right now, checked the paper for alternate things to do, and nothing is popping up. A friend wants to go out tomorrow night, I think it might be difficult to just drink soda while I enjoy in good conversation. Help!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel you on this one!! You're not alone! Read the threads and hopefully insight will pop out for you. I'm afraid I'm trolling for insight, myself. xo
Old 01-04-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't know enough to give advice. How troubled are you with drinking alcohol? Do you think you've become addicted? Do you want to quit? How much do you want to quit? Is your drinking increasing? Interfering with other stuff, like your job, your social life, your budget, your driving?

W.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome!!! I found that spending time reading and posting a lot in the beginning really helped me. I skipped several events that involved alcohol because I am still in early sobriety.

I have 85 days today, and still do not envision sitting in a bar enjoyable for me yet. How about taking a class, going to a movie, play, exercise, read...

It gets easier with each day sober, I keep telling myself I should stop counting days, but my anal retentive side had not yet allowed me to do so!!!

Looking forward to seeing you on here!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome ashly. This is a great place to discuss your concerns and figure out what to do. Please keep looking around and posting.