Notices

Day 2

Old 01-07-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Feeling very low almost depressed but still full of willpower to carry on, I'm wondering how long the withdrawals will carry on and how to get rid of the nausea I'm getting, I drank hard on Saturday night and think that I'm still hungover two days later. This along with the Aggression I shown at him has made me say enough is enough, I will be sober, I will be healthy, I will be happy!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on the second day and have terrible mood swings thrusting into depression too. But I know it will get better. Just try to think about the positive things...
Also I drink peppermint tea to help with nausea... It will get better!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Fessey
Glad you've joined us - hope you feel better soon.

Of course if you're concerned or feel really poorly seeing a Dr is a great move IMO

D
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ginger is good for nausea! In theory anyway. I was surprised how nauseous I felt getting sober, it wasn't something I ever had as part of a normal hangover. It'll get better quicker than you think Fessey but there's no substitute for just going through it. It doesn't last forever Oh, and welcome to SR! x
Old 01-07-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you to all for your warm welcome! I can't believe the all the people that take their own time to read comments and help others, it restores my faith in the human race lol, I need to get these first weeks out of the way so that I can feel the sense of achievement ill get through staying sober past a Saturday night, I have tremendous family help and help from all the nice people on here will certainly push me through these tough first few days! Thank you again
Old 01-07-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I remember feeling that way too. I also had the shakes and horrible headaches. It does get better just hang tight.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The first few days can be rough, but worth every minute. It just doesn't seem like it at the time
Our brains are simply looking for the temporary "relief" that we've trained them to depend on....when they realize "it ain't coming", they straighten up pretty fast.
Please try not to think in terms of "the first few weeks"....it can be overwhelming if things get rough. All ya gotta do is not drink between now and bedtime.

All the best.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there. It does get better, and then you never have to go through it again.

Yes, ginger tea can help. Plus, the hydration is good for you. Glad you are with us.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's made it a hell of a lot easier knowing that I'm not alone in the battle and I'm speaking to people who know what they are on about, I was going to go see the GP about it all but don't know if that's a wise move or will being completely out in the open about the problem help me in the long run, because let's face it people will recognise the fact that I will not drink alcohol at all thus revealing my problem anyway!. My family know my problems but work and friends don't, I suppose ill get used to being branded a recovering alcoholic so I'm not too bothered who knows, people will always pass judgement no matter where you live and ill look forward to being called T total instead of alcoholic when I've won this war!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Fessey and I am on day 6. I had horrible nausea, spent most of the first day in some state of yuckiness. However, it has slowly gotten better. I wouldn't say my stomach is feeling 100% right now but oh lord so much better. Every single day I feel just a little bit better.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ddrayer View Post
Hey Fessey and I am on day 6. I had horrible nausea, spent most of the first day in some state of yuckiness. However, it has slowly gotten better. I wouldn't say my stomach is feeling 100% right now but oh lord so much better. Every single day I feel just a little bit better.
Good luck with your recovery,it's great to hear that you have been nearly a week without alcohol! It spurs me on to reach the same targets when I read replies like this, I've stopped being sick now but I still feel sick but ill get through it
Old 01-07-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Fessey i'm on day 2 as well and I feel your pain. Managed to eat an apple and a yoghurt but that's about all I can stomach. Keep going we can do it together
Old 01-07-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post
Fessey i'm on day 2 as well and I feel your pain. Managed to eat an apple and a yoghurt but that's about all I can stomach. Keep going we can do it together
Welcome, Fessey! Like ddrayer, I've been sober for a week now. Feels better every day. Sleeping's not good still (1.30 am here) but reading other posts shows me it will get better. Hang in there with us!

Last edited by Reeny; 01-07-2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Wrong tag