Notices

By the grace of god :)

Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

By the grace of god :)

Hi all I am a few days into this site and it's been a godsend at night. I've been restless as all hell at night so reading the posts has really helped. I have two days sober and by the grace of god here in a couple hours when I go to bed I'll have three. I wanted to drink SO bad today. I was stressed out with all of life's bs and was really feeling resentful and full of self pity. My addiction was in my ear with a damn bull horn all night at work with all sorts of reasons why it wouldn't be that big a deal if I just sneak in the house with my bottle and just have a couple (or seven) and just start over tomorrow. After all its only three days not like months or years like some have. What a cunning b#tch right? Anyway, long and short of it, I left work and picked up some ice cream for my daughters. It felt really good to do the next right thing. The last time I felt this way I gave in and got a bottle but tonight I used that money to put a smile on my girls' faces. And now I won't have a relapse story to tell in my meeting tomorrow and I won't be too hungover to go to the gym. By the grace of god. (Also picked up some melatonin to hopefully help with the sleeplessness. Hope it works cause staying up til 3am with the racing thoughts is old news already lol
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

I put xa-speakers on my phone's mp3 and fall asleep to a "night time story," still do most nights....although that is fading out now (almost 20 months later)

glad you found SR!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone yeah sugarbear I saw your post on another thread last night and found that site and have downloaded a couple of speakers from there. Thanks for the tip!!