Notices

Even went to the gym !!

Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Even went to the gym !!

Still doing well throughout Day 1 - even went to the gym and did a one hour work out. Came back and made a Jamie Oliver meal (meatballs wth chickpeas and harissa) with my son and then we watched a film together ..first time we have done stuff together of an evening for ages as I am usually more interested in my glass of wine !! I think this is going to work guys -- please keep your fingers crossed for me. Just off to have a nice cup of cocoa in the bath ! x
Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great stuff! I'm sure you can do this, it is so worth it. I'm 70 days today and that felt like a million miles away when I first quit.

Your dinner sounds lovely. I'm trying to cut out carbs and this sounds right up my street!

Congrats again.

S x
Old 01-03-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck!

I wouldn't have been able to stay sober for what I did without working out. I was almost back to my Marine Corps shape when I got sober, something that was impossible when I was drinking every day. I find excercise to be extremely important in recovery.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went for a long run tonight, I signed up for a half marathon as a goal to help me get into shape, exercise is so good for the body and mind!

Well done on day 1, I am making the most of enjoying my biggest luxury after drink, FOOD!

All the best