Notices

Mind/body connection gift of sobriety

Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mind/body connection gift of sobriety

Yesterday I posted about being low and depressed. Today, I took a personal day from work and took care of things that needed to be done--potentially have found a way to work until I get my license back, paid some bills, worked on a budget, cleaned etc. I had not been feeling well for a few days--major migraine which caused me to feel nauseated and in turn affected my appetite. I was sitting here before and recognized that when I was drinking, I NEVER listened to the signals my body was sending me. Sick? Take a nap? No...drink. Tired? Get to bed early? No...drink. Pain in chest, sunken in face...eat and rehydrate? Of course not! I would just drink! Through all of these things I ignored my poor body and just fed it poison. Today is the first day I really have come to see how much my mind and body are connected and how one can truly affect the other. I am looking forward to learning more about myself and becoming even more in tune with these things. Is this how "normal" people feel? LOL Either way, I am glad it's happening to me now and am glad I stay sober just one day at a time. If I would've given in and drank yesterday, I would've missed this very special realization and gift of sobriety.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice
Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Quit...You sound good.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy new year to you Sapling I feel good but also have my moments. You know I have been down this road before but something feels different. I am working this recovery thing harder than ever. A meeting every day, fellowship and step work. It works.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like the path I took...Good for you!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am glad you listened to your body and took a day for you. Migraines are miserable, hope it has disappeared and that you are feeling physically and mentally refreshed!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

great job quitforme!

Keep in mind HALT

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

Any or all of these conditions increase the chance of relapse. If your hungry, eat. When you are tired, rest. And so on.

Zube
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am coming to realize the exact same thing. All of what you said is exactly how I was. I didn't have time to go to bed early I had a bottle vodka to work on. Who's got time to listen to their bodies when there's alcohol that needs to be drank? It was madness. I'm going through the early stages now of no sleep but I already know my body is thanking me for giving it something other than "liquid porkchops" for dinner 5 nights a week. Congratulations on your sobriety!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome post and so very true x