Notices

heres a little giggle

Old 04-19-2004, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

heres a little giggle

just a shout to tell everyone that we need to have a liile giggle once aday for absolutely no reason at all.Dad has pulled thru once again.I'm so happy to be clean one more day. true freedom comes from within.Love to all see ya soon
Old 04-19-2004, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Re: heres a little giggle

Hello littlej

What a welcome sight to see you posting here again. I am so happy your Dad is doing better. littlej can you belive it we are going to be coming up to 8 months in a couple of weeks. When I was active in my addiction I never dreamed I could go 1 day with out my DOC, and I know you felt the same way. So far we have kicked addictions ass and with the help of our God we will continue.

It feels so good to laugh again. Here is something I want to share with you about humor. It is from a older daily reflections.

Today I pray

May God restore my sense of humor. May I appreciate the honest laughter that is the background music of our mutual rejoicing in our sobriety. May I laugh a lot, not the defensive ego-laugh which mock's another's weakness not the wry laugh of the self put down, but the healthy laugh that keeps situations in perspective. May I never regard this kind of laughter as irreverent. I have learned, instead, that it is irreverent to take myself too seriously.

Today I will remember
A sense of humor is a sign of health.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi little j- welcome back- missed you in chat. Glad things are going well for you- Cya Steph
Old 04-19-2004, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Littlej......hey guy, so so good to see you back and doing well, hugs my friend.

I'm happy to see your Dad is doing better.

Keep on smiling littlej.

Love and hugs......Denise
Old 04-19-2004, 02:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

good to be back everyone.I missed everyone. I'm just glad That I'm theu with the legal problems.God has open a new door for me also. starting of a half way house of sorts. we r justing getting started and God is leading us.God has surely blessed me in my recovery. the group of people that formed for this house r called giggles couse we r happy luve to all
Old 04-19-2004, 07:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

I'm so glad it's another thing behind you! So glad your back and still clean and sober. I am so happy for you!
Old 04-19-2004, 08:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Littlej, that is so cool that you are involed in starting a half way house and the name is perfect, giggles. God has blessed us all.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

hey everybody,benn working all day.just got home.just aliitle info on some of our goals.we r place to come to get a fresh start.you don't have to be addicted or anything.just need and want help.we have a monday night group for any one who wants to come and just hang out talk about whats going on in their life.if u need a place to get off the streets and get a start.u can stay 2 weeks free we will help uu find a job.after that u pay 50$ aweek.we r going to be working with people just getting out of jail or prison.funny we got this idea from my last deal.any way we rstill putting this togetherso we r learning as we go.I wondered the purpose for what happend.why I needed to go back to jail.2 things happen.1 I leaned my faith in God was a lot stronger than I thought it was.2 we found a real need for a place for folks to come who have lost their way.It is so good to see all of my friends on here.Not a day went by that I did'nt think of u all I prated for evey one out here.I missed u all so much.Well I' really tired.I worked at my nieces carnivall tonight.they r doing the shriners circus she ask me for help and it pays really good.Love to all.another day sober
Old 04-20-2004, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Littlej...Sure have missed you but so glad to see you back here! Big hugs to you!Are you cooking up some good Southern food for us hungry people!

Love,
Laci
Old 04-20-2004, 09:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Littlej,

I was happy to read everything worked out well for you. Best wishes with your peace of mind. YOU ARE ON TO YOUR NEW LIFE. Praying helps.
best of luck,
Lin
Old 04-21-2004, 07:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Smile Re: heres a little giggle

((((Hi Littlej))))((hugs))
How are you doing? Havent seen you in a day or two, hope you are doing ok. Give the kids a ((hug)) for me. Love you, Bonni :mj

((((Laci)))((hugs))
My dear sweet girl, how have you been? I sure do miss you and your wonderful posts. I noticed you stopped by briefly yesterday, come back and see us again and let us all know how you are doing. We really miss you being here with us. Love you, Bonni :mj
Old 04-23-2004, 09:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

oh,I just been layin around the house.My niece is in town.She owns some games on the carnival I am workin for her thios weekend dad is home and doing good.I'm doin great every day is a new adventure.I just can't believe how blessed i have been.It's already 8 month's I've been so busy I didn't realise how much time has gone buy.I am getting my truckers lic. back next week and I am buying a tractor trailor.funny if u would have ask me 8 months ago I would have said at 44 my life was over.Actually it is just begging.I never thought I would be this happy and satisfide with my life.I thank God everyday for bringing me out of the dark.I hope everybody can enjoy life as much as I do now.2 years ago I was ready to die on dope and in prison. look what God has done for me.A miracle! :tri
Old 04-23-2004, 09:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Hello littlej,

I am so happy your dad is home and doing well, another blessing. littlej I am so happy for you. Yes I feel as though I am a miracle also. What a great post so filled with joy and gratitude. Love you littlej.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

littlej!

glad to hear you are doing so well! what a great attitude you have! keep on doing what your doing and keep on dreaming. i have dreams too and find they keep me afloat! plus, its nice for us addicts/alcos to focus all that pent up energy into something positive... a real good release if you ask me! hang in there littlej, even if things start not looking so bright just keep your eyes focused straight ahead. it can only get better!

hugs and prayers,

dot
Old 04-23-2004, 03:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi littlej, it's so good seeing you moving forward, and what a wonderful attitude.

Dot.....amen girl.

Love and hugs......Denise
Old 04-24-2004, 03:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Littlej,
Thanks for starting such a great thread, pleased to hear it's going good for you.
Indigo