Notices

Being sober really does suck....

Old 01-01-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

being hungover sucks! I wish I was sober! I was on my way home from a movie and stopped at a friends house and wasn't planning on drinking or going out and ended up out all night and now I am feeling crappy and down on myself wondering how the h*ll am I going to do this? So disappointed!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunriseshell View Post
being hungover sucks! I wish I was sober! I was on my way home from a movie and stopped at a friends house and wasn't planning on drinking or going out and ended up out all night and now I am feeling crappy and down on myself wondering how the h*ll am I going to do this? So disappointed!
You weren't planning on drinking, yet when the time came, you chose to drink.

Figure out why you made the decision to drink alcohol and maybe next time, you'll be better prepared to avoid such a situation.

How are you going to do this?

You'll do it if you make some changes regarding your lifestyle and by making consistently good choices.

Yeah?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Being sober sucks a lot less than being drunk or hungover, although it does not seem so at first. Sobriety is like a tiny seed, it doesn't look impressive or promising at first, but as it grows, the plant becomes strong, takes root and shows itself to the world. By staying drunk, we never grow and always hide who we are from the world, for we're too filled with shame to let the truth be known. Always in the shadows, hiding from the light, for it hurts our bloodshot eyes to face it.

When we finally, after much heartache and heartbreak most of the time, face the truth that being drunk sucks, then we have a chance at finding the help we need to grow beyond the dark soil we are stuck in.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Beautiful firestorm. Thank you for your words.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Xune View Post
You weren't planning on drinking, yet when the time came, you chose to drink.

Figure out why you made the decision to drink alcohol and maybe next time, you'll be better prepared to avoid such a situation.

How are you going to do this?

You'll do it if you make some changes regarding your lifestyle and by making consistently good choices.

Yeah?

Yes, lots of thinking about this today. I went to the 'Meeting' tonight on this site, first one ever and chatted with Opitival. That helped. Realizing that I have to revise my life big time right now. I can't be around it at all. And the happy thought is that today is so I can go the whole year sober starting today and not drink at all in the 2013.