Notices

New Year's Eve Sober- Anyone else worried about it?

Old 12-31-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Turtle,
You know we have non alcoholic activities everywhere AA and not. Now I am no longer in AA, I used them for my first three months and they were exactly what I needed then, so I am not trying to recruit you. There is a giant Omaha Alcathon party in your town and here is the flyer for it, you can go now! Meet some non alcoholic party animals and make some sober friends.

Go here:
http://www.omahaaa.org/Post/sections...on%2012-13.pdf

Wow only three bucks for a DJ/music, snacks and pop, bunch of ex alcohol party animals like us having a blast. # bucks cover and free drinks too? Hey I think I might see if there is one here, that might be fun! Thanks for prompting me to look it up!

And for the rest who are hanging on by a thread, if you are in a large city or have a very active AA group they are likely having one too.

I am in Louisiana. All I did to find the one one in Omaha was to Google Omaha Nebraska AA, then click on calendar, then click on the flyer link for the particulars. Sounds like a good party!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
Not worried, new years never meant much to me. hell every day used to be new years
dub
So true Dub!
Guess we are partied out huh? Like one more will be different.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

the sun rising on tuesday used to be new years. however it is a cool thing to celebrate a new year. You guys all rock
dub
Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I dumped it down the drain... I almost drank it... And that was my sign....

I'll give them the money for their bottle... but I just couldn't handle it...
Old 12-31-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good move bud!

Now go to that link I posted for Omaha and see if the party is close enough to tempt you to go.
Good job making the right decision! We will be here online too for ya! But if a party is all you want you have the link and that leads to a cheap celebration without the temptation!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I plan on imbibing to excess tonight. Food, that is! Bacon double cheeseburger with fries, yeah-buddy!

People can keep their drugs and booze to themselves. I am binging out on Petey Pig and Charley the Cow!

Seriously, have no inclination to drink, or to even leave the house. It's single digits out there, I'm done driving for the night, and have to work in the morning.

Just having some nice dinner with junior, watch some netflix, play guitar or some games on the computer, maybe do some laundry. Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My favorite part of New Year is New Year's Day - January 1, bright and early. I love getting up early, taking a walk outside when all is quiet, and just mulling over in my mind all the fresh potential a new year brings. This year, there is snow on the ground and the walk will be that much nicer.

It's a great time for me to set goals (unlike making flat resolutions), envisioning it as if it already exists, enjoying that sensation, and knowing full well that it can be achieved, with some effort and a plan.

Don't drink tonight; rest up, switch your thoughts to your sober potential, and start the New Year with a smile.

Happy New Year...
Old 12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

well done turtlepower!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My feelings is that I had enough wine for a lifetime.

Sober New Years Eve yeah!!!!

gigi
Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by TurtlePower View Post
Not that I need an excuse, but is anyone else having an issue seeing every one else able to go and get their drinks and celebrate their new years by partying and drinking?

I'm finding myself not wanting to drink, but trying to explain to myself that I'm like them...

I know I'm not, but my mind keeps tricking me into thinking I could be.
That is your addictive side of your brain talking to you. It bothered me when I first quit drinking, I swore I would never end up like my parents, an alcoholic.

But I am one and I keep telling my brain that!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Currently setting up the karaoke machine the kids got for Christmas, bought an app that has over 8000 songs, looking forward to a night with my kids and husband. He will still have a few beers, I have made some sort of concoction out of diet ginger ale, juice, and a few other non alcoholic sparkling ingredients.

Ready for the party to start!!