Notices

1.5 weeks sober

Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1.5 weeks sober

Today is the first Monday I can remember in a long time waking up and feeling good. No residual hangover and I slept like a baby last night. And to think, 10 days ago I was this close to checking into a hospital to detox. Wasn't easy but I toughed it out. But I suppose staying sober from here on out is the REAL hard part. I don't miss it though. In fact, I even went to a bar Saturday night for dinner with my brother and wasn't even tempted. Had 2 cokes. Don't slip Pete!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep it up Pete. I remember the Mondau hangover. I usually drank so much on the Saturday my hangover would last in ot Sunday night, leaving my feeling incredibly tired and drained on Monday. I've only been sober two days but I can relate.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No joke boxguy ... For me, as a hard drinker from 18 till my mid 30s now, the hangovers usually lasted a few days, sometimes up until Wednesday. Not fun. Especially when I usually would be throwing back a few during sunday football.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good news Pete. You have gone through the hardest part. I was where you are only two months ago. The first 4 weeks were full of suffering. I am in a much better place today. Happy Sober New Year.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeteMitchell View Post
No joke boxguy ... For me, as a hard drinker from 18 till my mid 30s now, the hangovers usually lasted a few days, sometimes up until Wednesday. Not fun. Especially when I usually would be throwing back a few during sunday football.
Glad to hear you're doing well that first 2 weeks heck we should have a chip for those. Took me that long just to figure out how to go to sleep instead of passing out and waking up instead of coming to trust me the hard parts over just hang in there