Notices

New and struggling

Old 12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and struggling

Hi. I'm new and struggling with addiction. Just wanted to introduce myself and open another area of support and information so I can continue to stay clean and sober.
thx,
addictosis
Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and good luck with everything. I am new here too.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm in a similar situation. We have both made the first step by coming on here. Good luck and I wish you the very best in defeating your addictions.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. There are a lot of great people here.
Glad you joined :ghug3
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR - there's a ton of support here
you've found a good place

D
Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome, I am now 21 days sober and being on this site and reading that others have gone and are going through the same types of things have helped keep me sober.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

I can't tell you how much easier SR made things for me. Not easy, but easier, that's for sure. Hope you get as much out of these forums as I have!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by addictosis View Post
Hi. I'm new and struggling with addiction. Just wanted to introduce myself and open another area of support and information so I can continue to stay clean and sober.
thx,
addictosis
Been sober for 91 days..thanks to me and thanks to this site. It gets easier buddy. Living in asia I'm now just 11 and 1/2 away form New Years...To wake up tomorrow feeling like a million bucks....oh yaaaaaaaaaaa this will be nice.

We are all here for you!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm new too. I have been trying to stay sober since the start of November, when I broke up with my alcoholic boyfriend. We lived together for the month of november, and I slept on the couch and stayed away from him as much as possible. He still continued to come home late, wake me up start fights etc. But I managed to not drink for 5 weeks. After the ex finally moved out, I kept sober for a week and a half until I was invited to my staff x-mas party for my new job. I just did not know how to say no to the free drinks. The attitudes toward heavy drinking among the people I work with are pretty tolerant. They are mid to late 20's girls who like to party, and the boss wanted to treat us. I'm 34, and that type of lifestyle is what I'm used to, so I slipped back in easily. I stayed until the bar closed and took a cab home and spent the next day hungover. That was December 8th. I told myself I wouldn't drink again, but I lasted until the 22nd, and then I just drank again on the 28th. I would really like to stop. I want to lead a productive life where I don't lose days to hangovers. I know people do this! You guys are doing it! I want to be able to, as well. I support you.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! You will find lots of support on here.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome! Glad you're here!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ash17 View Post
I'm new too. I have been trying to stay sober since the start of November, when I broke up with my alcoholic boyfriend. We lived together for the month of november, and I slept on the couch and stayed away from him as much as possible. He still continued to come home late, wake me up start fights etc. But I managed to not drink for 5 weeks. After the ex finally moved out, I kept sober for a week and a half until I was invited to my staff x-mas party for my new job. I just did not know how to say no to the free drinks. The attitudes toward heavy drinking among the people I work with are pretty tolerant. They are mid to late 20's girls who like to party, and the boss wanted to treat us. I'm 34, and that type of lifestyle is what I'm used to, so I slipped back in easily. I stayed until the bar closed and took a cab home and spent the next day hungover. That was December 8th. I told myself I wouldn't drink again, but I lasted until the 22nd, and then I just drank again on the 28th. I would really like to stop. I want to lead a productive life where I don't lose days to hangovers. I know people do this! You guys are doing it! I want to be able to, as well. I support you.

I'm in a similar situation. I quit on Dec. 3rd and then had a relapse on my last day of vacation with old friends a few days ago. The hangovers have been horrible and I can't do it anymore. I had a panic attack on the plane ride home and that was the worst ever. May have been from the hangover. I felt yucky! Ready to go into 2013 sober! I am used to the party lifestyle as well. Wish I was 34 again and quitting. I just turned 41 and think of how my 20's and 30's were spent with a lot of hangovers. No more! Hope we can keep in touch and support each other!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR addictosis, you'll find lots of wisdom and support here!