Notices

Just So Typical

Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just So Typical

So... I'm not a daily drinker, but weekends mostly. Life has been lived just trying to get to Friday, and before you know it a decade has gone by... I feel beaten up... broken... Tired of feeling like crap and of missing life. Had off from work for the week for the holidays and in typical fashion spent a week with the bottle. Anyway, I told myself I would stop for New Years (original, I know...), but am just so sick and tired I stopped yesterday. I signed up for here too yesterday, but was too sick/hungover to post. Feeling crappy today, but I'm so used to it. It's more the feelings of being sad, regretful, alone that are getting me at the moment. I feel sort of stupid posting here, but maybe it'll help. I don't know... All I know is I won't drink today... Thanks for reading...

"Regret for wasted time is more wasted time." ~Mason Cooley
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand how you feel........ I'm not a daily drinker as well and I always tell myself this weekend I'm going to stay in.. but then I have that one drink and someone invites me to go out.... and once I have that one drink I can't stop and make poor decisions..... Like you I'm used to feeling crappy.. I used to be a CPR and First Aid instructor for the red cross and more often than not I would teach my class hungover and probably still drunk from the night before.... I'm tired of feeling crappy too and I don't know where to turn... I want to stop but have such a hard time... Hopefully being able to talk to people on here who understand will help...
Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Leasha. I've been reading many of the posts on here and many of them are inspirational. Like you said, hopefully being able to talk with people will help. It may not be much, but I would like to think that it is at least trying something different... something that might help.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome wasted
Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

Try to remember that you haven't wasted time. You've learned what you needed to know to get this point in your life where you are ready to stop drinking. You are where you should be and making the right choice.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi WastedTimes - welcome

I agree with Anna. All I've been through, both good and bad, bought me to the point where I was finally able to turn things around and change my life.

In that sense I don't think anythings really ever wasted...if we learn from our mistakes, I must be a genius, lol

D
Old 12-30-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Someone famous once said, "I didn't fail a thousand times; I learned a thousand ways that did not work."
Old 12-30-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I can definitely relate to the blows and depression you are feeling. There was comfort for me knowing that there is a better, easier way. It starts with simply not drinking and filling that void with spirituality. Many find it by working a recovery program.

What's your plan to not drink?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Wasted. I was a weekend drinker so I know the routine, the weekly withdrawals, feeling better by Thursday and raring to go by Friday. My weekends started creeping forwards by a day it two, until I couldn't count an evening without booze for over 13 days so I quit.

Stick with it. I'm on my 11th weekend sober and, although I have a cold right now, I feel amazing.

You've made the right decision.

S x
Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

WastedTimes, I wasted 42 years drinking, hope you don't! Happy New Year.