SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   3 weeks (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/278997-3-weeks.html)

Fallow 12-29-2012 07:22 AM

3 weeks

This past 3 weeks has been an adventure. I can feel I have finally changed. Is it THE change I need for all time? No not hardly. Lots of work left, enough for my lifetime. Ive been to many meetings. Already got a network of guys building up around me. Im talking to people in recovery all the time now. Got a sponsor and started the work. Its not fast enough and its too fast all at the same time.

What saved me so far?

Ive had some tense moments. Frustrations of daily life and holiday stress like everyone else. Id laugh to myself thinking of the sober sob everything is real acronym. Speaker tapes on xa speakers have been my saving grace. I listen to them in the car and throughout my day at work. Ive probably logged 50 plus hours of listening lol.

When I really started having drinking visions and '1 beer' thoughts.. I used the second step. I need to be restored to sanity, and it is truly insane that I would consider picking up a drink after all my past bouts with alcohol. Do I really wanna step back in the ring with King Alcohol? Hell no.

Whats my point in all this I dont know. Just my thoughts on 3 weeks this morning. Theres been some of hell, and some pink cloud too.

Looking forward to this beautiful freezing cold sober Saturday. Thanks for being here SR! You all help me so much. Ill keep lurking :)

Sapling 12-29-2012 07:25 AM

Just take care of today...Don't pick up and do the next right thing. Congrats on three weeks!

Windancer 12-29-2012 07:26 AM

Congrats on three weeks :).
And please by all means, keep lurking here.

sugarbear1 12-29-2012 07:40 AM

get through steps 4-7 at least for now, then work on 8 & 9..... do10, 11 & 12 daily.....

meditation daily.....

:) 3 weeks is awesome!

Weasel1966 12-29-2012 07:46 AM

Fallow... My friend! Three weeks as well. Keeping sober pace with you.

Congrats on the work and effort you are putting in. Feels different when we make staying sober our number one priority. I find I have made more time in my life for other things while doing that.

Have a great cold Saturday. I have everything I need for a good beef stew. That my afternoon while it snows. Then past episodes of homeland.

All my best to you!

K

foodie1 12-29-2012 07:47 AM

Congrats on 3 weeks Fallow, keep it up one day at a time. :c011:

IndaMiricale 12-29-2012 07:52 AM

And this is the type's of post that just make this alcoholic smile from the inside out.. :)

Congrats on your time , and keep growing and going..

Those 3 things I was told right out the gate..

Get a sponsor
Get a homegroup
And get active..

Are those first bricks layed to start building that foundation.. :)

Fallow 12-29-2012 10:05 AM

Thanks everyone :)

Just got home from a great meeting.

House is halfway cleaned. Saturday morning not Sunday night while hungover lol. Yes it is amazing how I can put as much time into recovery as I am, and have even more time to get things done than I did before . Its beautiful. And its only 11:00.

Im very grateful today. I know a price has to be paid for all the blessings I have. And thats doing the work required in all areas of my life, and giving something back for once.

But I am only focused on today.

hypochondriac 12-29-2012 12:08 PM

This is awesome Fallow, well done on 3 weeks! :You_Rock_ x

Delilah1 12-29-2012 01:35 PM

Great job on 3 weeks!!!

Dee74 12-29-2012 01:45 PM

You're sounding great Fallow - congratulations :)
you too Weasel :)

D

NapsteR1 12-29-2012 01:52 PM

Well done on 3 weeks mate!

:scoregood