Notices

Please bear with me, I'm new here

Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Paddler

Originally Posted by Paddler View Post
I'm looking at a week tomorrow. I decided when I was so drunk Christmas Eve I couldn't or don't remember helping my wife set up Santa's gifts to my kids... and received the same gentle "do you know how drunk you were last night..." from my wife.

Enough. I also had a goal for New Year's Day, 2013 to "really" quit after 6 months of trying.

Now, I'm going to celebrate 1 week sober on New Year's Eve... instead of one last drunk

I didn't sleep for 3 or 4 days. Last night, however, while cuddling my 2 year old I slept like a baby. Fell asleep easily at 9:30 without thinking about it and slept until the puppy woke me up at 6. And it was awesome... I was exhausted when I was woken up but after a cup of coffee I felt great. It felt amazing to watch the sun rise...

Can't wait until the morning and feeling good.

You can do it. Start now... and never look back. And enjoy that first good nights sleep. Either tomorrow or three weeks from now.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your insight. BTW, if I am not supposed to be quoting whole messages in my replies, please tell me. I am still trying to understand forum message format.

I feel the most anxiety regarding the sleepless nights. Four or five...I think can do that. (I'm telling myself right now that I can do that.) Most props to you for starting prior to New Year's Eve. I plan to start after...but I am keeping everyone's words of wisdom and experiences in my mind as I prepare to embark on this. Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

At one point I drank to stop restless legs as well, then someone at my meeting said no one ever died from lack of sleep, and you will fall asleep eventually.
Trying some soft music on the couch before bed.
It is more our frustration when we can't fall asleep.
It does get better.
Now when I can't sleep I know it is the booze monster saying drink me, just one, come on, I can help you sleep.