Notices

Stuck on the H-town Cocktail(Lortabs n Somas)

Old 12-27-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stuck on the H-town Cocktail(Lortabs n Somas)

I've been reading hese Threads on and off for the last year because thats about how long i've been trying to quit the cocktail (lortabs n Somas)....

I've been taking these pills on and off for about.. Hmmmm.. I really don't remember how long. I wanna say 3-4yrs. i say on and off but its been more so "On".. I've probably stop for 3weeks that being the longest and always think i can just take one here or there for recreation which is how i started in the 1st place. I didn't have any surgeries like most. However, i would make a monthly visit to the dr to help a friend out financially. Therefore, she would give me a couple pills and a couple bucks for the favor. Eventually, i turn down the cash and just took all pills instead. During this time it was just Lortabs. She would give me about 10 but we are bff so whenever i wanted another one there was no problem getting another. Besides, i would get her 120tabs..The feeling i would receive would be so awesome. I had motivation to do whatever. Going to work..no problem.. Going on a date..no problem... clean the house.. No problem...Well guess what.now everything is a problem..Mind you these things were never a problem without the pills anyway..

I went from taking them here or there to everyday. Now up to 4-5/10mg lortabs and about 10-15 somas a day.I have no motivation and can't get anything done but think about how i'm going to get my next pills and how can i use them properly to get high and not just to function..Well now days, the high is rare and i'm only use them to function and not go thru the withdrawals. My situation is so bad i'm buying them off the streets everyday. I'm not paying bill like i always did. My user name is because I've been getting 35 calls a day from bill collector and before the pills i would dare a bill collector to call me.. I would know for a fact there records were wrong cuz i always paid my bills on time...Now there calling for a reason because the money is being spent on pills.. I want my normal life back without pills.. I've read so many forums i know exactly how to withdrawal and can do it quit well when i'm completely out of money..

I can't beat the dam craving and that BFF i spoke about is also a pillhead so i know i must change my surroundings. I even talked to my mom who is a recovery Addict and has been sober for 20yrs or so.. I called rehabs and have yet to receive a call back. I have insurance but i never thought it would be this hard to get help when you reach out..My mom was very supportive but lives 750miles away...She suggested just walking in a meeting but i'm not comfortable with that..So this is why i joined this support group..

In the last 3days i've been on a taper. i've had 3 or each total for within the last 3days.. Today, i bit off a pill the entire day so now i have no more pills and no more money. Head is the only thing thats hurting and some back pain. Oh and my hand from typing this long thread on my phone.. Lol... I just need encouragement. I'm off work until Jan 14 and would like to be completely clean when i return..
Old 12-27-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR 35

I don't know much about either drug but I know you'll find support from those who do, and encouragement from us all.

D
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hello 35Calls and welcome to SR! And congratulations for wanting to get off the nightmare of opiate addiction. I've never taken soma but I've heard that addiction can be just as bad, so again congrats for wanting to make this change and get your life back!

I'm surprised you didn't hear back from any rehabs you called, maybe they're extra busy because of the holidays. If you feel this is a good route for you, then keep calling them until you talk to someone. There are links to rehabs on this site that you can check out, too. Also there's a Substance Abuse forum where you will also find folks willing to talk and help. Stick around SR, this is a wonderful place for support, info, and wisdom.

Take care.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NAIOU

Get the right mind set and you can do this. I am not saying it is easy but it is worth it. Just go through what you have to go through to get to the other side of this problem. I am pulling for you. You can do this if you try hard enough. Good luck on your journey. Love and Respect. Logo
Old 12-27-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.. I feel the support already.. I'm going to hold strong.. I have to. I can't lose everything i wrk'd so hard for to these devils..One of my friends said it best without even knowing she was helping me " 1 fool move can't erase all the wise ones".. I'm holding on to that right now..