Notices

How Should I Deal With Wife's AA "Requirement?"

Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the time you took to post, I truly appreciate it. You have challenged me and given me much to contemplate. I'll keep you all informed of what happens from here.

CP
Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Wishing the best for you....I've been there and done that.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarrysMama View Post
Well.. I understand her frustration.. but, kicking someone out who is ILL, & lets face it, alcoholism is a disease no different from cancer, is just sad and wrong to me. How is that supposed to help a sick person?? sad.. well anyway, we are all here for you!!
the best move any woman i was ever in a relationship with did while i was drinking was to throw me out of ther lives. i dont blame them one bit. they could have stayed with me and stayed with the gloom,dispair, and misery, but who in their right mind would do that?
i have cancer and am a recovering alcoholic. there are extremely different.there is no comparing the 2. no doctor can carve out the alcoholism in my body. no chemo will kill the alcoholism i have. radiation doesnt touch it. cyber knife,transplants,biological therapies,gene therapy,photodynamic therapy; nope. PET scans, CT scans, MRI's: alcoholism doesnt show up on them. i have had plenty of them all over the last 6 years and have yet to be told," the radiologist report of your last PET scan shows that your alcoholism is coming back."
Old 12-28-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well.. I understand her frustration.. but, kicking someone out who is ILL, & lets face it, alcoholism is a disease no different from cancer, is just sad and wrong to me. How is that supposed to help a sick person?? sad.. well anyway, we are all here for you!!
I don't think you can compare alcoholism to cancer BM. It's just not the same thing.

Alcoholism or addiction is a condition we, the afflicted, CAN do something about.

For me, I'm glad I was kicked out of places....it took a while but that was major stepping stone for me realising I had to get myself out of the hole I was in and start standing on my own 2 feet.

If I'd had someone to always bail me out, I might be dead now...and that's not being melodramatic.

D