Notices

need help

Old 12-27-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need help

I have been on roxis for the past two years... I have 25 hours without one and I am breaking the **** out... The worst part is I've got my girlfriend hooked on them as well... She had never had even a sorta when I met here... We have two beautiful children... I have weekend myself down to about 30mg the last three days Idk if that helps... I went from about 130mg a day.... She has done better than me and I have been through this once b4... I've had a very bad back injury in highschool and have been struggling with pain pills honestly since 16... I'm 26 now I told my doc to cut me off about 7 months ago... I quit cold turkey(and I know it was he'll) that lasted about a month.... I know its gonna be he'll for the next few days... But it kills me to see her hurting. Idk maybe I thought talking would help me out.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OH MY GOD REALLY R GOING THROUGH IT ARNT U AND I THOUGHT THINGS WHERE BAD FOR ME Things jst seem to getting from bad to worse got to phone calls today what i have been praying i will never get that my ex boyfriend as tried to take his own life, he is ok tho and in hospital think that is the best place for him at the min, I have been told to cut away from him and jst look after my own recovery do u all think i should jst walk away from him?????? it is so hard to walk away and not care coz i love him so much. IF I CAN HELP YOU IN ANY WAY im here if u want to talk xxx
Old 12-27-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about ur ex... I wish there was something I could do to help.... I swear I wish I could just cut my losses and take off and b alone for a few days, but she want to be up my butt the whole time and it kills me to see how bad I messed her life up...
Old 12-27-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

are its ok you have your own things to deal with is your girlfriend not in recovery then? i was like that tho wiv my partner but something ad to give and one of us had to walk away were i got the courage from i will never know but i think coz my mother is helping my father in jan 2013 give him a kidney transplant i have had to be strong. I really cant afford to relapse coz i will lose everything i have worked for.. Keep your chin up and stay strong i am here if you ever want to talk xx
Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Somewhat we had a big fight today cuz she doesn't want it... I told her if we don't do it together I'm doing it alone... I told her we won't make if we both don't quit... I told her I would leave her... I just can't do this anymore... I thought when I told the doc I would be done but now I just waist all our money we are so broke I barely made it thru Christmas... I will never let my kids suffer like I did.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really want things to work out for u too tho now... Lol.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Apollo

you'll find a lot of support here- best wishes to you and your partner in getting through this

D
Old 12-27-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lol thank u ... It kills me that she's hurting... I can do this i refuse to be addicted to anything
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

it really is so hard when you are both in recovery but i guess your in the same boat as me appollo, I really dont know were i got the courage from to leave our home were we lived together but i did, they say in the 12 steps that you need a higher power believe me i really must have one to get throw the last few days stay strong tho and do what is best for you i think me and you are in the same boat at min arnt we but do you know what we av great people on here to help us throw and we are worth it and will get throw xxtake care xxx
Old 12-28-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome apollocreed!

Good for you for getting sober - it's really the best thing you can do for both of you right now. While you're here, check out the substance abuse forum, too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Glad you've joined us!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just wanna say thanks everybody... Seven days clean!!!!! sorry I haven't been posting I've just had a six day panic attack... I hot back into working out and have exercised, worked, cleaned house non-stop.... I only had one sleepless night... My girlfriend has been thru hell tho... Last night was the first time she slept in six days.... Idk all I can say to anybody going thru it is do whatever it takes for YOU.... These forums help more than u know and its very encouraging when somebody answers if just to know ur not the only one.... Imagine you might get to take off work and be alone... I had to go thru this working everyday, with a seven year old son and a five year old daughter up my a** 24-7... And an angry girlfriend who I think was contemplating killing me in my sleep....lol j/k. utter I promise you will feel so much better once its over.... I had sex for the first time in three weeks this morning too!!!! God it lasted about 30 seconds lol....
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

apollocreedMember*Join Date: Dec 2012Location: holt FloridaPosts: 6I just wanna say thanks everybody... Seven days clean!!!!! sorry I haven't been posting I've just had a six day panic attack... I hot back into working out and have exercised, worked, cleaned house non-stop.... I only had one sleepless night... My girlfriend has been thru hell tho... Last night was the first time she slept in six days.... Idk all I can say to anybody going thru it is do whatever it takes for YOU.... These forums help more than u know and its very encouraging when somebody answers if just to know ur not the only one.... Imagine you might get to take off work and be alone... I had to go thru this working everyday, with a seven year old son and a five year old daughter up my a** 24-7... And an angry girlfriend who I think was contemplating killing me in my sleep....lol j/k. utter I promise you will feel so much better once its over.... I had sex for the first time in three weeks this morning too!!!! God it lasted about 30 seconds lol....