Notices

Jealousy is poison...

Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I didn't think your post was preachy at all! Jane.....I wanna delete my FB account, but like you that is how I keep up with people....I have a love hate relationship with it!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

tikay - you don't sound preachy I think it was a good, honest answer about dealing with one of life's more challenging emotions. Jealousy is dangerous. For me it's right up there with resentment. All of it is based on fear; fear that I don't measure up, fear that I'm no good, fear of what people must think of me... My goal is to move past that while maintaining my humanity and caring spirit. Basically, when I was using heroin I really didnt give a s**t about what you or anyone else was doing or saying on Facebook or wherever. I lived in an opiate bubble. It was all me. Now I care a little too much maybe? People look at me wrong and I freak. Lol. But at least I'm able to connect with others on some level. This will pass. Today was just a negative day for me all around. The second I left my house I wanted to bite the first person I saw on the hand like a stray dog. Not good. Maybe tomorrow I'll pray, hit a meeting, meditate, go jogging... Something. I just don't know what to do with all the emotions. Ugh.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Night owl

I can relate BabyJane. With opiates we are used to controlling our emotions, deciding exactly how we will feel--or won't feel. I lived in that pink bubble/opiate haze for a long time, too, eventually it was the only thing I wanted. I sure as hell didn't want to deal with my emotions, especially the ever-growing guilt, shame, remorse and misery my addiciton was causing.

Dealing with my emotions is a new thing, now. I don't have my one and only true coping method, opiates, but I haven't fully created new ones yet, either. It's a tough spot to be in. I just keep trying and trying and do my best to accept my emotions when I have them. I'm not feeling too successful yet but I'm just having faith that it will happen. Just by not getting high I am doing something new.

Like folks above said, I am an oddball, too, always have felt like an outcast since nursery school I think. I have just a couple of really close friends and they are helping me, they accept me for who I am.

I also find I really only want to hang out with other oddballs like me, folks who may not be successful in societies' eyes but whose goals are similar to mine--self-healing, growth, trying in whatever tiny way I can to help others.

You're doing great, BabyJane, walking a very difficult path. Recovery ain't easy and every day you try you are a true success!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BabyJane View Post
Lil - the puke comment - lmao. So been there. There's this one girl, an old pal from highschool, literally everyday posts about her "awesome kids, awesome hubby (said "hubby" yea), awesome new house, awesome party, awesome life, blah, blah.... Oh it makes me roll my eyes so hard I think they might get stuck up there. Totally SHOULD hide / delete her. What a cynical bitch I am. Haha
Ahem....

I know of a woman who posted she lives in a million dollar home.

She does not live in a home that is even remotely close to a million dollars. She also has a perfect hubby, perfect kids and a perfect life.

Yeah, she calls him 'hubby' as well.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

What about those of us who don't have a facebook page and don't want one?

At least I finally got rid of the horse and buggy, lol.

Next, indoor plumbing, lol.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You mean this isn't Facebook?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

^

LOL

D
Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Night owl

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
What about those of us who don't have a facebook page and don't want one?

At least I finally got rid of the horse and buggy, lol.

Next, indoor plumbing, lol.

My cabin has no plumbing and I use an outhouse--yes in this day and age! And I like it!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, BabyJane.

I agree with all that was posted above) And, as for me, I have no Facebook account at all.

Have a good day)