Notices

Feeling low

Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling low

I had too much unhealthy food for these past couple days. I was on healthy diet for 3 months, may be thats why Im so low today.

I have no invites to NYE parties, still haven't found real friends. Boo.
Not sure how to get through this. Last year I spent drinking 2 bottles of wine every day, this year Im sober, but today is just so hard to cope with me being alone.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been eating healthy for the past few months too, but I will admit to a few too many cookies lately. Yesterday I went to Pilates and I bought a groupon for two info red sauna sessions and Chef V's green drink (all vegetable drink and apples).

Think if NYE as just another night and do something for you. Would getting out and going for a hike today or hitting the gym help?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthyfood View Post
I had too much unhealthy food for these past couple days. I was on healthy diet for 3 months, may be thats why Im so low today.

I have no invites to NYE parties, still haven't found real friends. Boo.
Not sure how to get through this. Last year I spent drinking 2 bottles of wine every day, this year Im sober, but today is just so hard to cope with me being alone.

Sorry you are feeling low. I feel the same, so much so that I bought loads of healthy foods for an overloaded liver yesterday and I feel a lot less sluggish now (I've got a cold coming in, but that's a different kind of feeling lol)

It just takes 3 days of healthy eating to start to feel better so it's not too hard to undo.

I'm on my own as well and I'm using this time to work through a freeby 2013 life plan I got in a magazine (I love stuff like that!!)

I thought I'd feel amazing since quitting alcohol but PMT, bad foods & too much stress can make me feel just as awful as when I was hungover.

I get comfort from 'this too shall pass'

Sorry, I've rambled.

S x
Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Delilah1

I have no membership to go to gym. I have a bike, but its still too cold to go for a ride.
Good idea to think of NYE as as just another evening.

Sazzle
I can't wait to finish all unhealthy leftovers and cook a good butternut squash soup. I did not know that food can affect my mood this much.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's quite obvious what bad food does to ones body after following a healthy plan for any length if time. I also find I get really depressed if I don't drink enough water too. Are you properly hydrated?

Hope you start to feel a bit chipper soon.

S x
Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am also feeling crappy from sugar. I am diabetic and can cheat and keep my blood glucose in check, if I am careful. But I notice, even though I have controlled any huge spikes by pacing myself, I still feel sluggish and achy. Sugar can be inflammatory. I do think I feel that. yet, I find myself craving it with the early sobriety.

I have been trying to pull out the raw veggies along with the cheese and snacks!

Hope you all feel better.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sazzle

Yes I drink a lot of water every day. I have a water filter jug. I was ok on my own all this time. Its festive season and families come together, its so hard for me to stay happy.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

rochele

I have switched to natural sugar, such as bananas and dry fruit. But I do remember when I quit alco, I was craving sugar a lot, but it goes away later. Stay strong.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey..

I have been eating badly too. Far too much sugar. I am on day 11 and have had a really bad few days. Lonely too..so your not alone in how your feeling.

X
Old 12-27-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ultrabunny

Oh its not only me who is lonely today. Thanks for sharing. Well done on 11 days, that is a great achievement.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Me too! Way too many carbs and way too much sugar. I've felt horrible for days during and after. Gained about 4 pounds too!

Back to Paleo for me. Already better after only a couple of days.
Workouts help too. Healthy eating and healthy workouts just seem to put the world back in order somehow. : )
Old 12-27-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happier

I agree. Fatty food has a very negative effect. I just finished all unhealthy stuff. Couple chocolate bars left, I don't mind them. By Jan all bad food will be gone and will start with fresh and healthy food in my fridge.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Healthyfood.

Sorry you feel low. I'll be alone on New Year Eve too, and, actually, it doesn't bother me much. Just another day, just another night, no big deal. I used to indulge myself a lot on these days, but this year I'm going to stay strong through all this.

Cheer up) You are not alone - we have all the SR family.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

MidnightBlue

Nicely said. I will think of NYE as just another evening, nothing major. Looks like a lot of people are going to be alone that night.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

sorry you feel bad

I've been feeling low too but only since reading your thread has made me realize it could be all the chocs/sugar I've eaten in last 5 days
Old 12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You're not alone! Hi!

We are here too and I've felt like this many days. Sobriety is life in focus - we still have our good days and bad days and tragedy and joy and all that. Loneliness is a killer though. Do you go to meetings at all? I'm not an AA nazi or anything but if nothing else it could help you meet some other sober people. If you are alone you can keep coming here too. IM me if you like, I'll write back. Hugs
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

When I started my sobriety conquest, I craved sugar soooo much! My hankering was for Smarties, and it was funny to hear everyone's different rebound snacks. I have started shopping more at Trader Joes and Whole Foods. It is a little pricey, but at least it gives you ideas for making your own homemade delicious meals! Stay busy, though. The more I sit around, the harder it is to stay away. Butternut squash is awesome on pasta, and I have been using it every opportunity I can.