Notices

Day One, No Pain Pills

Old 12-27-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day One, No Pain Pills

Today is my day one. I am scared but determined. I feel terrible already and know it will get worse. This is hard. I was a cocaine user years ago and quit that fairly simply...this however, is much different. I feel like I got hit by a truck.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on a good decision. Alcohol was my drug of choice so I don't have much experience to share. Lot's of folks on here do though and I hope you hear from them soon.
First few days sound tough from what I have read but I hope you stick to it. A few days in light of the rest of your life seems like a good investment. Clean and sober life can be so wonderful. It is the only way to truly enjoy and appreciate each day, IMO.
You are not alone and it is worth it.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was addicted to opiates for two years. I have 38 days clean today with a lot of help. I know the beginning is hell. If you can make it to day 5 it will start to get better. That might seem like ages from now, and it will be a battle. You will be depressed and dealing with the pain of withdraw. Try to remember that it won't last forever - if you do this now you don't ever have to do it over again. Also, hot baths, water, vitamins and something natural like Valerian for sleep if you can. Imodium too, you can take a fairly high dose but please do your homework I'm not a doctor. Speaking of that, have you seen a professional? Might consider that; someone who could help you taper or do a scheduled plan. Maybe at least a friend who you trust to be with you and keep you on track for a few days? Help with the worst of it? Now that I'm in recovery I go to meetings and have a sponsor. It worked for me.

In any case, it truly is mind over matter. You can do this. You must get your sword and your shield and prepare for BATTLE. Don't let the drugs win.