Notices

Going to a meeting tomorrow

Old 12-25-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to a meeting tomorrow

I'm going to go to an AA meeting tomorrow- I went to one two weeks ago and it wasn't really a meeting but tomorrow I will go to what is hopefully an actual meeting. I am hoping that posting this will give me some sort of finality and make me realize how real it is.

I keep telling myself I will go yet I never do- so maybe telling someone else----- even via the internet------ will lead to real action. I really am going to go tomorrow- not just blowing smoke.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Ohio
I hope you go too

D
Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

meeting

I am also going to a meeting tomorrow. Mine is at 6 when is yours? We can remind each other that we comitted to going.

gigi
Old 12-25-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

IndaMiricale is in Cleveland. Rumor has it he is "well connected" in AA.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The meeting I plan on going to is at 1:30- I feel sick I'm so nervous- but that means I actually plan on going. Thank you both, tomorrow is the day- I suppose I treat it like the dentist I don't want to go but I know I will feel better when its done the least I can do is show up.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

You are going to be FINE… just one piece of advice. Tell folks it’s your first meeting. Oppps two pieces …. come back and tell us how it went.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

please go. it works.
dub
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It changed my life! Whatever you do at least be willing to go more than once. It took me several times to see a change in myself. Good luck to you
Old 12-25-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome Ohio1

To kind of words from awuh1..

But I am in Cleveland , and I will be at a couple meetings tomorrow.. If your anywhere around here and need someone to give you encouragement to go and meet , please pm me..

AA saved this alcoholic from myself and my way of life..
Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well I didn't go- feel pretty badly about it really but it has been a rough day and I don't want to be the guy blowing chunks at his first AA meeting. I suppose its an excuse but oh well. There are several more meetings tonight so......

This forum has helped- I have been reading all day so thank you to you all for sharing your experiences.

On a side note I'm not from Ohio lol I picked that name over a year ago to ask advice about a high school friend who is into drugs, just figured Ohio1 is about as anonymous as it gets.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

All I can tell you is we all drive ourselves completely crazy worrying about going to our first meeting...Only to find out...It's not that bad...It's actually pretty good...There are people out there exactly like me.

Here is a great site to give you some insight...Any questions...Fire away!

Your First AA Meeting<
Old 12-26-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Hey Ohio -- one time I needed a meeting badly. I had already drank and I was beside myself. I was sane enough at that moment to realize I couldn't drive. I called the local AA hall and a woman talked to me for well over 30 minutes. She mostly listened to me. It was what I needed at the moment.

I can't promise you'll have the exact same experience as I did but why not call the local meeting or the central office and ask someone to talk to you?
Old 12-26-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I was really surprised with my experience at my first meeting. It was much less daunting and intimidating than I initially thought it would be. In fact, I felt an immediate sense of relief being around others with a common goal. It will work if you work it keep going back!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

That is awesome to hear you are going to go. AA is a great place. I go 4-5x a week. You'll meet the most amazing group of people who generally care about the well being of others. Can be pretty shocking if you were as self-centered and selfish as I was.

Get a sponsor and work some steps is the next goal! The steps WORK, if you work them.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hope you went , just stopping by to check and see how it went..
Old 12-26-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Waiting with bated breath for word.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

looking after ourselves is awesome well done
Old 12-26-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well I basically feel like an idiot. I appreciate the concern from you all but I didn't go to a meeting today. I should have gone at 4 or 5, there was one at 7:00 too, the 1:30 one I was truly in no shape to be able to leave my bed until about 3. I could have gone to the 7:00 in decent shape but didn't. I am not drinking- I knew I wouldn't today as I usually can't even if I wanted to after a night like last night where I just blow it out completely.

I don't want to sound like a mug but I'm going tomorrow- I will feel fine physically tomorrow since I'm sober tonight. The first day after a week long streak is always a bad day for me and today was no exception. The anxiety/rapid pulse and crazy hunger mixed with rolling nausea and intense fatigue followed up by racing thoughts just was too much for me to do more than watch bad documentaries and drink green tea trying to eat something nutritious.

I felt way too bad physically to drink today but tomorrow I will feel fine- I always do. That's when it just becomes a crap shoot so it really truly has to be the day I go to a real meeting.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Give it a go...I can promise you this...It will be better than bad documentaries.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

What he said ^^^