Notices

Santa came to San Diego!!!

Old 12-25-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Santa came to San Diego!!!

Merry Christmas to my SR family!!!! Well Santa showed up and it is amazing how quickly three kids can unwrap what I know took Santa's elf many hours to find and wrap!

All three kiddos got new bikes for Christmas so we are off for a ride before going to grandma's house.

I really appreciate each of you. Hope you all enjoy your day with family and friends.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a great day Delilah - enjoy it!

D
Old 12-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bikes are a great Christmas gift!

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas Day.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I find it ironic that Schwinn doesn't make bikes any more. I haven't followed the story, but it looks like Hostess is not going to be making Twinkies any more either. Oh my goodness. Archie Bunker would be sorely disappointed. He asked Edith on a fairly regular basis to put one in his lunch box and became disgruntled when she overlooked it.

The kid Max with Asperger syndrome on the TV show "Parenthood" threw a hissy fit when they removed the vending machine at his school where he bought his Skittles. He obsessed on it incessantly. A friend suggested to his parents that they just put some Skittles in his lunch box so everyone wouldn't have to deal with him freaking out about it.

The parents made a mutual decision that it was best not to cave in and do that. I've seen the results of placating kids with candy... at a Safeway to be specific. The kid was perhaps 5 years old and probably in the vicinity 150 pounds. He was having a temper tantrum and going ballistic because his parents wouldn't buy him a candy bar.

This dovetails with the addictive voice. It wants it [insert drug of choice] and wants it NOW!

I've asked the question before, but some of the newer people might not have read that thread:

"What's in it for the addictive voice? If it kills its host body, it's got nowhere to go."

One person said, "the addictive voice isn't thinking of what to do. It's just an evolutionary brain wiring thing where instant gratification becomes the order of business." I'm paraphrasing of course, but I think that captures the gist of it.

Mice who are wired in the brain and can press a button to activate the pleasure center will do it all day long until they die of starvation.

We've seen the maternal instinct in the animal kingdom and I find myself wondering, 'how do they know how to do that? They've never done it before.' The nurturing aspect just comes naturally, but the self destructive and harmful tendency does also. The praying mantis is a prime example.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are having a good Christmas my friend!!! GLad you went on a kinda sorta bike ride...hee hee!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lilgolden73 View Post
I'm glad you are having a good Christmas my friend!!! GLad you went on a kinda sorta bike ride...hee hee!!!
Yes, it was quite amusing.