Notices

Any way to move out

Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any way to move out

Hi all:

Previously, I posted a thread talking about my current use of alcohol, and I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on a possible way to move out of my home as soon as possible. Look at my threads to see my first post concerning the issue of alcohol. Here, not only can I not study, but nor can I take up on everything productive. It's a gloomy, lazy atmosphere. I'm posting this thread specifically because I was attacked by my meth addict brother for not leaving me alone, on Christmas Day. To get in to the specifics of it, I have a really low patience for pseudoscientific reasoning concerning physics and math (I'm a senior in college, majoring in math/philosophy, and it's not that I don't try to educate people about it, it's that some people just don't listen). I didn't get physical about it, but he's just crazy. I'm tired of dealing with stupid **** like this all the time, police having to come over, stressing everyone in the house out, and I hate the fact that I can't even get my own room to study. In being here, not only is my life in danger, but so are the lives of my immediate family members. Moreover, I don't have a private room to study in, which really angers me because no one seems to respect the fact that I study when I do so.

I'm not getting much financial aid, I'm taking about 20 units a quarter, mostly in math courses, so I can't get a job nor move out. What the hell do I do?

Again, I'm not the best in the health condition. A year ago, I was diagnosed with an enlarged liver and spleen and everyday I have constant abdominal pain (both sides). My liver is dying. I am dying. I feel it. And I also look it. I'm only 21. Should my brother and I just eliminate ourselves? My other (older) brothers always talk about how life would be better if we didn't exist, and I don't have any close friends, so I don't see a problem
Old 12-25-2012, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Dliver,

Suicide is never the answer. I'm not going to lie. Your personal situation does sound crap. And the only benefit of that is that it should only get better. You're college should have a load of programs/extra support such as counselling that you should be able to take advantage of.

Regarding the physical problems. You need to see a doctor. There's a multitude of tests they can run that will be able to determine what state your body is in and what action, if any, should be taken.

To be honest I don't really know what solid advice to give you. I've been to hell and back but the point is I did make it back because I got clean and sober. Try to have a good Christmas.

Natom.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks dude. It helps. I was more upset during that last post because it happened more recently, so the more time goes on, the less I think I would do anything to myself. I guess the more troublesome thing for now is paranoia in his craziness. I guess that just happens to be part of the crazy world we live in. Oh well. As long as I don't kill myself implicitly via alcohol, I'll be happy with myself I guess, lol
Old 12-25-2012, 02:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dliver

I turned my life around at age 40 after nearly 30 years of drinking and drugging.
At 21 you have an *excellent* chance for a new start.

In my 20s I felt my life would knew change. Now in my 40s I know thats not true. I was wrong.

Please don't judge your future on the way you feel today.

There's a lot of good reading in this link and a ton of crisis number numbers, staffed by trained people who can help

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

Even if you don't feel you need it now, why not keep the link?

Do also see your Dr if you feel there's something wrong with your health....you may find things are not as grim as you feel they are, or that the situation can be assively improved by a few simple lifestyle changes.

Do also let them know about the despair you're feeling...they may be able to suggest people to talk to.

You may even find suitable counselling on campus - as well as possible share accomodation?

If you feel you're in danger where you are, you may be able to access shelters or emergency accomodation - again if you don;t know where to start to look for that your college may be able to help.

There is *always* help available Dliver & people who care - don't give up and don't stop looking

D
Old 12-25-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Just to echo what Dee said. I started looking at recovery when I was 21. I'm 23 now. Best off getting clean and sober now rather than waiting and having 10, 20, 30 years of wreckage behind us.

Natom.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The library to study?
The doctor about your health?
AA for your drinking?

Maybe you could advertise to see if anyone has a spare room in return for you doing jobs and helping on their property?
However I would think that you would really have to get your drinking under control for that to happen.

The world truly is your oyster at your age.
You have great chances and opportunities open to you.

But you cannot expect it to be handed to you. You have to grab every chance that you see, fight for whatever it is that you want.

Securing yourself a great career and being financially secure is one way of ensuring that you never ever have to depend on others for a place to live.

I wish you the best
Old 12-25-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Southern Sky

Have you thought about SSI / SSDI?

If you have all those physical issues and possibly depression [at least you sure sound depressed], then you might be able to get on either one of those. The process is not easy but it might give you enough to get out of the house. I think it also makes you eligible for low-cost housing.

Then again, I'm not American so there's a good chance my information is lacking something.

Another option for getting money is doing internet-based work. If you are doing maths courses and doing well, then you have a good chance of landing online tutoring jobs. They seem to have a strong need for maths because it seems a lot of people struggle in that area.

Good luck.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Like Natom said,

That wreckage from 25 years of drinking can be quite haunting!

DLiver - You have youth on your side - your situation might seem bad right now. Dont wait til your 49 like me to address a problem.

Hang in there, but you may need to get out of that living situation.