Notices

I'm Back

Old 12-24-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Back

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Been away from this site for a while, but wanted to wish everyone here a safe, happy, healthy, and sober/clean Christmas and New Year.

I've been going to some meetings again and am back on the ride. You should be seeing more of me soon .
Old 12-25-2012, 02:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to see you back 427
Merry Christmas!

D
Old 12-25-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back and Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice to see you 427 x
Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks!

that's where I am today.

WHAT?!!! I just typed several paragraphs and LOST THEM! I don't believe this!!! I hit something and it went ... poof!

Gawd. OK, not gonna try to repeat it all, but the gist of it was that I've been drinking water out at the clubs where I've gone for music and dancing and done good w/ it. Realizing the "controlled drinking" only works Sometimes, so... back at the meetings. Back on here.

I'll fill in the rest tomorrow.

Acceptance. A tough one.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Agree with your statement about acceptance being a tough one. Understanding helps a lot with that. Without improving both alcoholics often are drunk and sober repeatedly through many years.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah... am understanding that I need to accept it, lol! I seem to like testing the waters Yup, yo-yo recovery. That's been my MO. So... tryin again to run the beast off, 'cuz I ain't doin too good taming it :p

Hmmph.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Have to sleep, but definitely want to continue tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm home again Nite, nite.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Your words strike close to home. I stayed sober yesterday and want to continue today.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah, so what I TRIED to say yesterday (before it went into oblivion) was that I went back to drinking and "controlled" it for a while, but after two it turns into 5, 8, 10 and then I drive home. Stooooooopid, baaaaaddddd. Have to stop that.

Found one Sunday AA meeting I like. It's pretty large, but 5 minutes from my home, and they have a really good system. They give out "tickets" (like carnival-type) w/ numbers on them and then draw from the collection and call out numbers for people to speak. I like that a whole lot better than the other [large] group where the same people read every week and the same people speak every week (go in a circle around the table...). That one is so large you often have to sit on the floor or stand outside the door. So sticking w/ my Sunday for now. Have really enjoyed the people and the sharing. Spoke briefly of my love of music and dancing, and there's a guy in there who plays in a band who a gal said I should talk to. So plan on that this Sunday. AM going out on New Years but not drinking (having a lip biopsy that day, so don't think that would be on my mind, lol!!!). Am enjoying the bands more and the dancing, and I REMEMBER IT ALL the next day !! Like that A LOT.

Also, turns out my friend who I usually go out with is moving farther away, so I probably won't be going out as much, or if I do it will be by myself. Have gone to some open mic's by myself 'cuz it's small and I know the folks who own the place and they "have my back" when I'm there.

So, that's pretty much what I TRIED to write yesterday

Just know that you guys and gals on this site are awesome, and it really does help to have you here 24/7, for sure! Was too embarrassed to say I screwed up and drank again, but now I'm not, lol! I SCREWED UP, but I'm back on the horse
Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

P.S. - ChipAwayBoy - Keep it going! This group is GREAT and loving and funny and supportive. And... I'm originally from MD, so ya got a homie here, sorta Don't drink today, either, and if you do, don't drink tomorrow