Notices

Hello all

Old 12-24-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello all

Hello All, let me introduce myself

I'm 29 years old, from the Netherlands.

I always thought i could control my drinking but obviously i can't. or i can i just dont have the balls to say no.

I drink on average, 3 pints (1.6 Liters) of heavy 12% beer and around 1.5 Pint of 13% red wine every night,

I could drink 1 or 2 bottles of Vodka if i want but then i know the next day i'll be dead sick. Usually after every regular night i wake up sick but that passes within the next 1 to 3 hours.

I have gained around. 40 LBS in 4 yeras, from drinking. Now i'm only 29, i'm not (To Fat) but if i dont do nothing now i will either get health issues, liver, kidney, stomach, or i will get so fat i will die of a heart attack.

I count the amount of calories i eat a day so i dont gain weight that fast. i try to eat between 1000 to 1500 calories a day becuase i know the beer and wine will make up the other 1000 calories.

I can easly not drink if it's not around. without any issues. i can go hiking in the forest for 3 days without alcohol and i'm fine, but once i know i'm near a store where i can buy alcohol i will buy it.

I really want to quit drinking or only drink in the weekend when my friends and me go out. instead of being boozed up 80% of the week. + losing weight will be fine too.

Anyways, hopefully i can find some strenght in here,

Greetings.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thingel,
Hi and welcome . That's a bloody lot of alcohol. So you basically want to moderate your drinking and just drink on the weekends with your mates. If that is the case why don't you just do that? That question was rhetorical.
I would love to be able to drink with impunity, no damage to either body or soul but years of trying moderation has never worked for me and 1 or 2 drinks would not give me what I want from alcohol, basically to get drunk, to the place where it is all fun and inspiration before it goes pear shaped. Once I start There is no cut off point as much as I would wish it so.
Keep reading and posting this places keeps me sane sober and in touch with the reality of alcohol and the damage it does. it feels great to be free of this obsession.

All the best
CaiHong
Old 12-24-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome thingel! Glad you found us. I hope you'll find it encouraging to be here. I found the hope and strength I needed to stop. It felt good to know I wasn't alone.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

If you are an alcoholic, you will not be able to moderate your drinking. As you said, when you are near a store, you need to buy it. It's the obsession of the mind. The only way to stop it, is to stop drinking.

I hope you decide to join us and live a sober life.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((Thingel)) - Welcome to SR!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-24-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Anna - I think most of us would have liked to have been able to simply cut back, but I know for me that was simply not possible - so I quit completely.

I'm glad I did - it was the start of a great new life for me - maybe it might be for you too

welcome to SR Thingel

D
Old 12-24-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! :ghug3 I could never moderate my drinking and am happier to have given it up altogether.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TY For replying all

And btw, i figured it was nto alot of alcohol, if you watch the movies, people drink 4 bottles of whiskey in a day, i figured what i had wasnt that bad.

Ofcourse i knew it was more than average joe would have. but not that bad.

I will read and post on the blog. ty for welcoming me. Altho as some of you commented i think in moderation should be possible altho did not yet work for me becuase i never really tried or i died but then again did not really tired.

I'm sure you all have this feeling or like. let me picture it for you
All day long you say to yourself i can do without, i will not buy. no more today
then around. 7 PM in the evening you feel good again and then you think, ah well just 1 more time. i'll quit tomorrow. and so on. it's weird becuase i know what i do is not healthy.

I'll admit it that i have used cocain in the past (when i was 21) for 2 years, I was a heavy user but i could quit it in an instant. I think the same with booze, If you drink yourself that wasted, you wont drink for atleast 1 day. and then you need to hang on and think about how you felt. (worked for me and cocain) altho i think or i have the feeling that Alcohol is much worse for me. It has more control over me than any other drug i have ever used.

I'd like to quit 100% altho i'd also like to enjoy an occational beer once in a while or a glass of wine.

Il'l see what works for me but i know things have to change, and
ty for the support and all the messages this quickly