Notices

newcomer

Old 12-24-2012, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newcomer

Hi my name is amber and I have been clean and sober for ten days now. I relapsed after being clean almost 3 years. I live in glenwood AR after recently moving from Hot. Springs
AR. Where I was living with my boyfriend with my drug of choice (cocaine) he is now in rehab in Detroit Michigan where his parents live. Eventhough I was not involved with his experimentation I feel responsible. His family blames me as well. We have been together 2 years and most was spent sober. The treatment program he is in lasts for one year. I am in my second year of college college. Can we make this work? We have talked of marriage once he finishes treatment.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there,
I know this must be a very difficult time for you as I went through something similar several monthes ago.
However, I would really hesitate to think of marriage or anything long term like that with anyone right now if I were you. Recovery first. Especially since you are in very early recovery yourself. I heard a good quote and I truly believe it, "Whatever you put before your sobriety/recovery, you will lose".
Old 12-24-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, and welcome to SR by the way! This place is wonderful and full of great advice and support.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Amber -Im new and wish you luck. Im sure you can find some great people on this site that can help you navigate your situation.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hello Amber,

Welcome to the forums. There's lots of good info and support on here if you have a look around for it. My doc was cocaine too. It takes you directly to hell and then locks the door behind you. I hope you have a good festive season.

Natom.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Amber x
Old 12-24-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Welcome to SR Amber! This is a wonderful, loving place full of help and support!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR....I think the best thing for both of you is to focus on recovery...That has to be your priority....Marriage?....Who knows what could happen down the road. I wish you the best...This site is great for online support...I use the program of AA to keep me sober.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR ((Amber))! I'd suggest working on your recovery (congrats on the clean time) and let bf work on his and see what happens.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-24-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Amber,

I am sure you can stay sober if you really want it. How did you manage for the three years before? Did you follow a program?

CaiHong