Notices

Back Home scary

Old 12-23-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back Home scary

Hey everyone.

Well for the past 6 months i have been in a structured environment and was doing well. It was bumpy at first but i grew alot. last night i came home finally. Scary!!! Its a new home, new everything. New sobriety, now i have failed before but by my own doing, i didnt put effort into myself and fell after 9 months. and honestly i dont think i was ready then anyway. Now i have sort of a guide of what to look out for and what triggers me and the efforts i need to put in on a daily basis, sometimes every minute. I am sooooo nervous. I have to relearn life pretty much, i have been gone in my addiction for almost 14 years, since i was 12... I am so emotionally young and i do not know how to handle alot of things in a productive healthy way. I still have not dealt with the death of a close family member from almost 2 years ago, but now i am facing it and refuse to resort to drinking. It is so hard to face the demons within myself, and i think i am a bit overwhelmed. I have meetings close by (well 30 miles anyway) and i have numbers, and here of course which i believe every one here will be a major help... Any input is great.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stick at it mate, you can do it!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by totalchange View Post
Hey everyone.

Well for the past 6 months i have been in a structured environment and was doing well. It was bumpy at first but i grew alot. last night i came home finally. Scary!!! Its a new home, new everything. New sobriety, now i have failed before but by my own doing, i didnt put effort into myself and fell after 9 months. and honestly i dont think i was ready then anyway. Now i have sort of a guide of what to look out for and what triggers me and the efforts i need to put in on a daily basis, sometimes every minute. I am sooooo nervous. I have to relearn life pretty much, i have been gone in my addiction for almost 14 years, since i was 12... I am so emotionally young and i do not know how to handle alot of things in a productive healthy way. I still have not dealt with the death of a close family member from almost 2 years ago, but now i am facing it and refuse to resort to drinking. It is so hard to face the demons within myself, and i think i am a bit overwhelmed. I have meetings close by (well 30 miles anyway) and i have numbers, and here of course which i believe every one here will be a major help... Any input is great.
I did 90 days in in-patient rehab in 1989 and then straight into AA.

The rehab was just the beginning, I needed it to be able to do AA.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 12-23-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Welcome home! Be kind to yourself and take small steps. It will all come together as you get stronger. You can do this!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
Welcome home! Be kind to yourself and take small steps. It will all come together as you get stronger. You can do this!
Thank you for your kind words. It is a tough night for me, i am really emotional and tearing up for know reason at all, but my urges to drink are not here. that is a big step.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad that you're home and getting to know yourself again. Yes, it's scary, but it sounds like you have a good attitude and a good plan.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi totalchange. It's not surprising you're feeling challenged by this big change. It sounds like you're handling it very well, considering. I hope you'll keep posting here - everyone understands how you're feeling. Not being alone really helps.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When you feel that feeling to drink. JUST SAY NO!!! The urge will pass. It worked for
me tonight about an hour ago. I was home alone, perfect time to do some drugs'. But I talked to myself and said NO.

Congrats on your 90 days.