Notices

hi

Old 12-23-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi

Hi! I am looking for help and knowing what I need to help my brother. My family and I found out last year that he is addicted to heroin. It was very difficult for my family to learn of this. Just in the last week I think my brother is smoking heroin again and he is back with the girlfriend that he was doing this with. It doesn't matter who got who started, its just to the point that we need to get him help and not sure how to go about this.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hey Sassee,

Welcome to the forums. There's a lot of information here that will help you with your brother. You are going to find the majority of it in the forum below:

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Your brother won't stop unless he actually wants to. I know it's hard to take in but addicts and alcoholics won't stop for their family. I never did. I had to wait until I was ready to stop. However, showing concern for him as a family may have an effect on him and make him think about it. It is a very stressful situation and there are lots of different approaches you could take. I wish you the best of luck in whatever course of action you decide to take.

Natom.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome sassee - I'm sorry for your situation, but I know you'll find a wealth of experience and support here.

Please do also check out that link Natom posted

D
Old 12-23-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

As all addictions are a family disease...

My mother is a herion addict. And was active addiction for about 15 years..

You found a great place to look for support..