Notices

Sobertime

Old 12-21-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sobertime

I was struggling tonight with my thoughts and was pretty close (almost dead set) to breaking down and getting a pint. Then I came here and noticed the Sobertime link on the top of the forum.

I typed in my soberity date and it told me that I had made it 3 days and 18 hours without a drink. Thats not technically true, but it made me realize that I only had to make it six more hours to make it to four days of soberity. Better yet, six more hours just to make it through the day if I'm taking it one day at a time like I'm supposed to. Thats a pretty neat tool.

Anyways, I'm off to read a little bit out of the Big Book to hopefully take my mind off the booze and get it where it's supposed to be.

Thanks for listening and have a get (hopefully sober) night!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Good for you Hoping. I know some people don't like to track time, but I look at it like money in the bank. I just start to look at may days and I am just not willing to trade them in. They are worth too much.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you handled things perfectly! For some reason a day 3 was my hardest, hope that brings some encouragement for day four!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you didn't cave!!! Keep up the good work!!! It does get easier...
Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done HT20, these first few days are really rough in they. Stick with it and before you know it your be through your first week.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wifi View Post
I'm glad you didn't cave!!! Keep up the good work!!! It does get easier...
I see your sobriety date is 12/12/12 which made me giggle (no offense). I remember telling myself that that day would be the perfect day to quit drinking because how many people can say they quit on 12/12/12. But then I justified getting drunk that day by saying "how many people could say that the last day they drank was 12/12/12?", so I went and got drunk that night.

I know thats a stupid story but I want to congratulate you! If you keep it up, you'll forever have the priviledge of saying you found sobriety on 12/12/12, which I'm sure is rare.

Thank you all for your kind comments
Old 12-21-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yer already doin what the BB says on pg 164 that we gota do. i'll let you do the footwork to figger out what i mean.
ODAAT. its all we have.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on the sobriety. I'm currently 24 days ten hours according to android app... never thought I would make it this far. Congrats again, merry Christmas as well!