Notices

Hi there.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi there.

hello SR people, first off, I hope your holidays are good and you stay warm. I'm going to need some help from you soon, my life has gone horribly wrong with alcohol, etc.. no run in's with the law thank god, I don't want to burden anyone with my troubles at this point, but somehow I gotta pull this off or put benificiaries on everthing.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's help here - whenever you want it Dan...

Merry Christmas to you - go easy, ok?
D
Old 12-20-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Dan, many of us have our own dramatic story(s). You wont burden anyone here. you came here to get help, the great people on this forum can and will help you. Read the stories, Jon the discussions, don drink, develop a sustainable pan, and n joy your holidays sober. Might not seem practical. But I promise you I can. I'm living proof.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, that's the plan, go easier, detox.. Merry Christmas to you as well
Old 12-20-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Needassistance too, I tried cold turkey and had severe convultions, gotta come down from this nightmare (literally)
Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm here for you also. You can do this, be careful if you had convulsions... Dangerous stuff,
Old 12-20-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Thepatman, I guess i should confess that it's not alcohol on it's own, I'm just shocked at how quickly a substance can grab a hold of you and shake you, literally.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dan,have you seen or la on seeing a dr? Er?
Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Can you go to a rehab facility? They can help you detox without the life threatening withdrawals.
Dan, we want you healthy & whole. Don't try to do it alone.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I haven't seen a doctor about this, tuesday night was horrific, lastnight was soso wake up nine times or more with wierdness but no convulsing or electrical shocks, tonight, i've given myself a very small dose to keep the gremlins away. thanks for your help, it really helps to have actuall comunications with someone, i feel like i'll sleep tonight, at least for a few hours continious
Old 12-20-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

OCDDAN. In the morning it will only be Friday. I think if you call your local clinic at the top of 8 a.m. you should be able to get in to see your doctor, or one that has an opening reserved for emergencies. At least that way you could get the help to not dt. Its nothing to mess with. You have made the correct first effort. By getting on the sr forum, now tell yourself to stick with it. As for burdening anyone with your story. No burden here. That's why were all here. We all need to talk. So talk.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Be careful, Dan. We care about you and want to help. We know you can have a better life - no more fear or danger. It is possible.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks Mytime,
seeing a doc is probably the right thing to do, I'll see how the night goes, but I'd really like to apologize for my last post to anyone who has read it, for a site that promotes sobriety, we don't need some loser talking about their at home detox, i really don't want to be banned again, so sorry, this isn't easy, moderators, please don't throw me out, I'll do my best (again)
Old 12-20-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dan - I'm glad you're here and can spill anything you want.

As most have suggested, medical help may be in order. The convulsions sound way way serious and nothing to mess with.

Stick around on the forum here just to help you get through until the am when you can see a doc.

Best wishes and keep posting!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Cat,
so good to hear from you and the others, honestly, I'm trying to find a way to live w/o the constant need for intoxication, I think i'll make it through the night and I'll check in so ya know, but it's the age old question of what to do with yourself instead of, well, you know, getting messed up.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad you're back Dan. I've been thinking of you.

Maybe it's your time now for major life changing decisions?

Takes some work, but it's so worth it x
Old 12-20-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Jeni, so hard to imagine anyone thinking of me besides people that I've caused problems for, but either way, I'm very happy you mentioned that, happy holidays to you and yours. Dan
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Idiot that picked up a bottle.

Thank God is right when you say no problems with the law. I relapsed after 6 years and wracked up 3 charges in one week after relapsing.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hey Ghostman, if it does any good, i got 3 dwi's and two felonies, they all eventually go away (to some extent), the last time i went five years with no license, it will get better, sucks for now, but it will get better, feel free to pm dude, you'll get through it
Old 12-20-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You are NOT a loser. You are reaching out... And we are all here to help you. Please do not think of yourself as a loser. You're on SR, which is doing the best you can now.. Stick with it. I never had run-ins with the law either, but I would have gotten to that point, as most do. You want to make the change now! Proud of you for wanting that! Keep coming to SR, I also agree a Dr. is in order. Good luck to you, and please, spill whatever you need here.