Notices

today i achieved....

Old 04-16-2004, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
spirit

today i achieved....

hi all,

i am starting a new thread because reading around the place today i realise that so many of us feel like we cant achieve anything, are worthless, or whatever.

i refuse to believe this, sometimes i feel like crap, but others i dont, so i thought what makes the difference. for me it is when i feel i have achieved something, little or big.

so i thought we could have a thread that talks about what we achieved today.

i'll start:
a) i got up early (rare)
b) did 4 loads of washing ( not so rare sadly)
c) wandered around in the rain
d) watered the plants that didnt get rained on.
e) organised clothes to go into the dryer
f) have been on here for hours responding to messages (hopefully of benefit to those i have responded to)
g) defrosted the fridge (well still in the process of that)
h) organised what i need to get for food shopping later this arvo (aus for afternoon)
i) talked to hubby on his train about his day
j) followed the footy on the radio
k) had my medications
l) havent had a drink.

not bad for a couple of hours work, i havent created world peace - but like many of you have done some productive things as little as they may seem, and it is good to remind ourselves of that sometimes. in reading others posts i see many who are doing good things, but they might not see them, maybe this could be a way of encouraging each other to blow our own trumpets!!! give ourself gold stars - no one else will haha

so what have you done today, could be one thing could be ten - lets share our acheivements how little or big.

hugs all - back to the defrosting
i look forward to seeing what everyone has been up to

cheers
kath
Old 04-17-2004, 01:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Re: today i achieved....

ooh i like this thread!
Today I achieved the following:
- talked to a friend who is also struggling with addiction and hopefully helped him out.
- talked to 2 friends i have not seen in ages (mainly due to my using drugs and withdrawing)
- took care of some errands
- got a phone call from my best friend telling me she had just got ENGAGED! and i was clean and sober and responded with much excitement and went over to hear all about it.
- did the dishes, played with my cat
and most importantly....I DIDN'T USE!
Old 04-17-2004, 02:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
spirit

phew,
addie i am glad somebody responded haha, i thought people might be put off haha.

sounds like you had productive and joyful day, wow a wedding coming up that is exciting.

since i posted i had shower, brushed teeth, done the shopping and am about to make potato and leek soup. it is dark and stormy here, winter is heading in, hooray. oh and i used that nair stuff on the hairs on my chinny chin chin, and guess what it WORKS!

but addie you must promise not to tell anyone haha.

i wonder what others have been up to

hugs
kath
Old 04-17-2004, 02:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

today i spent time with my kids.Took a long shower.Prayed that Gods will be done in my dads life.Enjoyed the sunshine.and didnot use.Luv this Good to be home
Old 04-17-2004, 04:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kath I love potato and leek soup! I have tended my puppies caught up on mail. Sat my sober cul in front of the PC and written my readings for today LOL, and I have had chocolat cereal no croissants,two coffee's enough already! I like the thread.

love Indie x
Old 04-17-2004, 04:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
spirit

howdy all, still here haha

littlej, god speed and love to your dad

indigo, potato and leek is yummy, but because mr 15 is creative we also added spring onions/shallots (not sure what you call them, the long ones often in chinese cooking) and red capsicum. for spice we added cracked black pepper and cardomen.

weird but good, and all eaten haha, even by the children.

maybe we could start a thread on our fav or weirdest meals we make, you know the things that we know the family etc will ALWAYS eat. i make a mean mandarin salad. maybe i should start a thread with that haha.

hugs
kath
Old 04-17-2004, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hi Kath, brilliant idea - no big surprise there. You are brilliant.

Today, with just 3 hours awake, I have:
-journaled my thoughts about owning my own life, and chooseing not to put my every opinion out for a family vote.
-weighed myself, which is actually a good thing lately, lost 2 lbs this week.
-read a smashing article from O magazine, and underlined the heck out of it, so I don't forget the important truths imparted.
-fed four animals, and myself (the humans are on their own)
-congratulated DAN on his 30 days of sobriety.
-said out loud, I am proud of myself, and added another stone to the bowl of sober days.
-oh, and had way too much coffee!

hugs,
Old 04-17-2004, 05:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dan

Let's see.
I hugged my children and told them I loved them.
I fed my old dog and gave her fresh water and scratched her ears that special way.
I decided I'm not shaving today.
I said good morning to some dear friends here.
That's a great first forty five minutes I think! Superb idea Kath.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
spirit

hey guys, even though i was nervous in the beginning, i knew this would work haha
oh and being upside down or rather down under i forgot that most of you were asleep when i thought of it.

have to laugh at MG saying i am brilliant. i am not really - i am just 12 hours ahead of you guys haha

isnt it wonderful to see the things we achieve that we think are little or insignificant
MG 2lbs in weight loss is great, and on the weekend humans are supposed to feed themselves. (you will love this, mr 15 bought himself a groovy coffee mug today and then asked me how to wash it hahaha, he has never washed a dish in his life haha)

what is O magazine? and i like the idea of the stones, i have stones in a bucket to hold up the umbrella on the patio - oh and i have given up on the spa idea haha

And dan ( who i am falling in love with day by day haha - you can tell the wife, but i am a long way away so no great threat) has shown his kids love, even his dog and made a whole life decision about shaving haha, that is huge.

i cant wait until tomorrow when i wake and find out what everyone has done through a whole day haha (tomorrow is planned for me, soccer coach rang and said mike has a game about 20 kms away, fortunately it is at 10.30 haha)

what wonderful, positive people we are

hugs to all
kath
Old 04-17-2004, 07:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Today I woke up without a hangover, having not drank anything last night. What an accomplishment! LOL
I loved on my kids, sang a song and did a little dance for them. My son always clapps even if it's not good. Gotta love kids.
I fed them and changed them.
Kissed my husband and told him I love him.
Worked on my list of likes and dislikes about myself.
Got out my 24 hr chip and looked at it.
Thought about the meeting last night.
Had a nice talk with my sister on the phone.
Chatted at you all.
Thanked HP for all the wonderful things in my life.
Read some of the book "Drinking - a love story"
Decided to go fishing today.
And many great things to come!
I love this thread!

We alcoholics/addicts are just like the Army. We get more done by 6am then more people to all day! LOL

Thanks, I needed this!
Love to all,
Missy
Old 04-17-2004, 07:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
spirit

hey missy
awesome stuff - welcome and keep sharing

how come i am the only one who seems to do washing hahahah or maybe that is all i have to talk about, which i know you will be hard to believe haha

hugs to you

kath
Old 04-17-2004, 09:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What a fabulous positive thread!

Today I:

Read a wonderful email from you that helped immensely
Talked to a dear friend about both of our current "stuff"
Woke up with a clear head
Drank dark roast french coffee
Pet my cats Fred and Lucy
Am getting ready for my boys to come home from their holiday
Called my stepdad to wish him happy birthday

Old 04-17-2004, 10:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Spirit: "O" is Oprah's magazine. I am going to assume she is world famous and you know who she is.

I haven't been up for long, but i have read a bit of Cosmo (such a girlie girl I am), snuggled my cat (who I had a bad dream about last night), responded to emaillans to go for a sushi lunch. I find keeping busy helps distract me from thinking about using.

It's fun to read what everyone gets up to over the course of the day.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Chy

Glad to see you looking up Kath. I'm not awake yet, but I am going to get to the gym, and work off some of this lard. I've been slacking on the gym for two weeks and need to get that momentum going again. Can't quit now, come to far!

Hugs funny girl!
Old 04-17-2004, 12:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

(((Kath)))((hugs))
Love this new thread you started, great idea!
This morning: First I got up and fixed coffee for the husband and I.
Son is out of town until tonight.
Fed my three siamese.
Read the paper and had coffee with my husband.
Checked my e-mail and answered some posts.
Talked with a friend on the phone about a problem they were having, hope I helped.
Now I'm off to water my tomatoe and pepper plants,(I have little green tomatoes on my tomatoe vines!!!)
And best of all I'm still sober and havent had a drink for another 24 hrs. YAY!
(((Chy))) I think I'd better join you in the gym, I'm still trying to lose at least 25 more pounds by August!

Love and ((hugs)) Bonni

PS. Here is a picture of my mother siamese cat, Saffy, and baby kitties right after they were born. She had five. They are pure white when they are first born, then they get there color markings later. They are chocolate seal point siamese. And a picture of Saffy by herself too!

Last edited by Bonni; 04-17-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Growing Up

I love Saffy! Kiss her for me!
Old 04-17-2004, 01:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

today I
told my s/o I loved her
did the dishes
typed on the puter
did some inspirational reading
set my DVR to record The Shining for a good friend
then called friend to tell her she was getting a copy of The Shining

then went back to bed cuz i have bronchitis (cough cough)

will be busy as a bee tomorrow tho. And Monday.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
spirit

morning all

what wonderful productive people we are

O = oprah now i understand, everyone knows her haha

it is good to see that coffee is an emerging theme and so are cats haha, i have two one called kitty (jet black) who just woke me cause she was twisted around my legs, unlike my hubby haha and tiger so called cause he looks like a tiger. my hubby calls kitty my shalaman (spelling?) her real name is vixen, cause the kids wanted to call her fox after the tv show but then we found she was a girl, so she become vixen, but we just call her kitty. tiger or tigs is her son, who cost $400 to get out of her womb cause he is such a lazy fat lump, haha, he still is.

bonni you are brave 3 siamese, they are beautiful but very aloof cats haha, i wonder who really runs your house, bet is it the cats haha

moot sorry to hear you have the flu, but the shinning (fantastic movie) should frighten it out of you and your friend haha. isnt jack nicholson to die for haha

tis 5am here, up early, so shall go and make more coffee and start my day
hugs all
kath
Old 04-17-2004, 03:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Hi ((Kath)))((hugs))
Your right about who runs the house (LOL) They do! ha ha. Especially, Coco, the male, he has an Alpha male personality and he thinks he's boss. (LOL)
Saffy is the mother, and we kept 2 of her kitties, Coco, the son and Snapp the daughter. Snapp is my sweet shy little girl. And Coco, even tho he's the alpha male; is the most loveable of the three. Saffy is like the typical mother I guess; she can be a little hissy at times. (LOL)
And if your not tired of looking at my precious babies, I have some more pictures of them to put up.

First Snapp the little girl, then Saffy the Mom, then Coco the boy. Then one of Coco and Snapp when they were a little younger, they are like twins, their always together.
And (((Mt.Girl)))) Saffy says ((Big hugs)) Back! Love you, Bonni
Old 04-17-2004, 03:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Dan

What wonderful feline friends Bonni! They are superb specimens. Growing up, mom always had siamese cats. She had to get rid of her cherished Tammy, a lilac point female when I was born. The cat was so jealous she tried to scratch me at every opportunity. I hold, to this day, tremendous respect for the species.

DD