Notices

I'm Going to Try

Old 12-19-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Going to Try

Hi,

I'm a newcomer. I've tried to live sober but something always happens to take me right back to the same hole. I think I finally tired of chasing that first high, I'll never get that rush again and I don't want to. Drinking and drugging has almost taken all the good and wonderful things out of my life. But for some reason, God still wants me here and has continued to Love me and look after me, unconditionally I might add.

I'm not going to go into a lot here I just wanted an online place to come to when I'm feeling like doing the unthinkable. God is changing my life and I'm not going to let the Devil change that. I am new in Christ Jesus and I am beautifully and wonderfully made. I'm still alive that alone is a miracle.

I am no longer stuck on my story. You know the story or reason why we first started drinking or drugging in the first place. Everyone has one, some trauma that may have happened to us either in childhood or as an adult and we keep going back to that story or trauma or hurt that caused us to be addicted to whatever. When in all actuality we're really addicted to our story. I have to let it go. I forgiven and that hurt, trauma, etc., can no longer hold my hostage.

It's December 19, I'm on day two no drugs or alcohol. I have money just don't feel like feeling that way tonight. I worry about tomorrow when it gets here. But right now, I'm going to read a little, can't sleep, and hopefully I fall off to sleep. The best part is I won't wake up hungover.

God is able!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Waking up without a hangover is a huge plus!! Welcome to SR!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome warmspiritflame

Use us as much or a little as you need to - you'll always find people here for support

D
Old 12-19-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome glad your here and that you don't feel like using today. That is awesome.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The Lord is your shepherd. He will lead you to still waters. Good luck and welcome aboard