Notices

In the Spirit of Yuletide Unity

Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation In the Spirit of Yuletide Unity

Nearly ten years ago now Peter, one of the mods here, wrote this for the Alcoholism forum.

I'm stealing it
I changed a word or two here and there to make it appropriate here.

Originally Posted by Peter
Welcome to the Newcomers forum.

In here we share our experiences strengths and hopes as it relates to the issue of alcoholism and addiction.

Please feel free to participate and tell us about your own particular method of dealing with your or a loved ones addiction, bearing in mind to always be respectful of other members and to whatever method they might employ for staying clean and sober.

There are many roads to recovery and we don't all choose the same one.

Remember it is not our place to try and decide what is best for another.

The written word is a powerful instrument.It has the power to heal as well as to cause injury. Please share responsibly.

By helping to maintain an atmosphere of encouragement and support we can all hear a message of hope and walk away with something useful.

In a spirit of unity all of us are winners.

We are all winners - and we are all on the same team.

Please - do remember our Newcomers forum guideline.

The Newcomers Forum is a safe and welcoming place for newcomers. Respect is essential. Debates over Recovery Methods are not allowed on the Newcomer's Forum. Posts that violate this rule will be removed without notice. (Support and experience only please.)
Christmas and New Years is always a busy time here.

We'll see a lot of new faces here, a lot of people hurt and looking for help and support.

I'm sure we all want them to find a helpful supportive and welcoming environment.

Anna, Artsoul, Hevyn, Paper Dolls and I are looking forward to seeing you guys provide that this year - just as you have for so many other Christmasses and so many other years

thanks everyone

Dee for
The Newbies Forum Team