Notices

New - 2nd day

Old 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New - 2nd day

Hello, I'm new here and on my second day of not drinking. I'm turning 30, and I have been a binge drinker throughout my twenties. Over the past year I became an every-night drinker along with weekend and vacation binging. I have tried to quit several times in the past, but have never made it more than a week before returning to my usual routine. I am still feeling some nausea, but hoping that will pass by tomorrow. My wife works in medicine and has been warning me about health damage from drinking for awhile, and I think it's finally starting to sink in that I should not be drinking, ever. I hope to visit here regularly to help me stay on track, especially through the holidays.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hi Sokil

Well done for giving up. Good idea to visit here during the holidays - I imagine quite a few of us will be checking in.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for finding us. Do you have a new plan for this attempt? This is just my opinion but if you are just trying the same thing there is a good chance you will get the same results. If our "wanting" to alone could do it, many of us would have quit long ago. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have put a plan together including things like what I will say when asked to drink, what I'll do when I'm tempted, when I'll evaluate success, etc. I have removed all beer and alcohol from my house. In the past I would just try will-power and that didn't work. If I fail on my own this time, I'll probably seek out help from AA or a similar group.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR sokil

D