Notices

hi im new

Old 12-18-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi im new

Hello to all.

Joined this forum as I need some help and advice.

Im a young at heart 40 year old. Only drink at weekends which is mainly sat at home so maybe a bottle of wine. I dont get drunk, just drink it to unwind for the weekend.
My problem is when I go out to pubs etc I get drunk very quickly - even after 3 glasses of wine !!! The morning after I have no idea what I did or said to anyone...I cannot remember anything. Its horrible waking up not knowing what ive done.
My husband does not try to advise me not to drink another drink as I become abusive and horrible to him, which is now putting a strain on our marriage.

I am now trying to slow my drinking down when I go out, but I never know when Ive had that one too many.......

Advice much appreciated x
Old 12-18-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ps.....

ps.....i only go out about 3 times a year but it always happens!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hmmmm, this happens only three times a year at the pub?

Sounds like the solution is to not go to the pub those three times a year. It should be relatively easy to do, as the low number indicates that you do not have a compulsion to hit the pub...not even semi-regularly.

I used to hit the pub a minimum two times a week and I was able to cut that down to zero.

One more thing, if you are forced against your will to go to the pub ( wink) then the solution is to make the choice not to have that first drink.

Choices.

Make good ones.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to Sober Recovery, paula. As the name implies, this is a forum for folks seeking recovery from alcohol and drug addiction, so you may not get a whole lot of support for trying to moderate or control your drinking. Most of us, including myself, have tried it for years, only to fail.

Let me ask you this. Have you ever tried to moderate your drinking or otherwise cut back? If not, perhaps you will find that you will be successful in this attempt.

However, the changes you speak of when you drink, of becoming an abusive, horrible person, tells me that alcohol affects you differently than it does other people--those we refer to here as normal drinkers.

I found NEVER drinking was the only way to handle my problem with alcohol. If you find that this is the only way to handle your problem with drinking, you will find lots of support here.