Notices

Newcomer needs help

Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer needs help

Please help me. .... i have such a good life but i have ruined everythhing...i am a hardcore alcoholic and all i seem to to do is mess up everything....i really am a good person please help me
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there, it seems your ready to help yourself and here you will receive lots of wonderful help, advice and support I'm only 6 days in and still trying to come to terms with everything

Make sure you stick around.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say you are heard and this situation can improve by you doing some work on it, beginning with putting down the bottle, something no one else can do for you.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How do you do it...how do you get thro?ugh the day?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not sure how I'm doing it to be honest, I find myself stuck to these boards all day reading how everyone else is doing and taking note of the replies.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

how did you come to find sr? Have you tried other ways to help with your drinking?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've been there, my friend, as I suspect many people have been. You are not alone nor do you ever have to be alone in this.
I have heard it said to an alcoholic "You are not a bad person trying to become good, you are a sick person trying to get well."
Call it a disease, a condition, an addiction - recognizing that you have "it" is a big step but also one that places responsibility on you to do something about it.
The great news is that you can do this - and once you take care of it the rest of your life will come back together.
I myself went to A.A. I found people who understood me. I learned a lot from them. Some people use other methods, SMART, AVRT, counseling, rehab. I would suggest trying anything and everything - whatever works for you is the best method.
It is hard in the beginning, but it gets easier and better. I believe that you can do this.