Notices

how to stop opiats asap

Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how to stop opiats asap

iv been trying to stop now for about a year, and seems like everytime i just get worst and worst, using/mentaly. i know i havnt said much but hoping i get some answers....
thanks alot
Old 12-17-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi tryandtry,
my ex was addicted to Heroin and he had to move interstate to get away from the temptation after he went and detoxed in hospital for a week.
My problem is with drinking so I can't really give you any tips other than what I wrote above sorry
Have you tried to go into a treatment facility? It's not for everyone I am sure, but I do know it has helped a lot of people too.
good luck with whatever road to recovery you decide to walk down
Old 12-17-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience to share but I wanted to say hi and welcome tryandtry - have you seen a Dr at all about this?

D
Old 12-17-2012, 10:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hi tryandtry, welcome to SR. I, too, was addicted to opiates, oxy was my doc (drug of choice). I know how hard it is to quit. I would try to cut down only to end up using more. I finally decided enough is enough and decided I would try suboxone to help me get sober. I also signed up for counseling and am doing tons of reading and posting here at SR. Lots of folks use NA or other methods to help them.

Stick around and read and post. Lots of good info. and very helpful people!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hey try,

Are you trying to quit by yourself or are you using any support networks, or meetings? If you are just trying to do it by yourself I would strongly suggest that you check out any drug or alcohol services in your local area or perhaps go and visit your doctor who should be able to point you into the right direction.

Natom.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I agree with the above posters. Get help and support. Rehab, treatment centers, NA, here. opiates are insidious. Getting off and staying clean alone can be very very hard, but you don't have to do it alone.