SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New to the board (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/277806-new-board.html)

CanKicker 12-17-2012 07:19 AM

New to the board

Hi guys. Going on my 6th day sober. I found this board and lurked last week while in bed weathering horrible withdrawals. Now that I can somewhat function and think, I decided to join. Reading posts here and reading the stories that was/is just like mine was comforting and really helped me.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. As I know I have plenty. Anyway, just wanted to stop here 1st and introduce myself.

PaperDolls 12-17-2012 07:20 AM

Welcome to SR CanKicker! I'm glad you found us. :)

Congrats on your sober time. It really does get better and better. :)

CanKicker 12-17-2012 07:48 AM

Thanks! I know it's only been a few days and I still have a lot of withdrawal symptoms, but I'll take this over how I felt last week, for sure!

PaperDolls 12-17-2012 07:48 AM

No doubt!!

Mafalda 12-17-2012 08:00 AM

Welcome! I started last week too. I promise it gets better. It was so nice to just enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning , and I wasn't craving it for a pick me up from the night before but just because I like coffee. You will find yourself enjoying little things that you forgot what it feels like. Please keep up with it. If you read the stories on relapse the most common thing seems to be someone finally feels better and then they think they can do one drink and then that starts the cycle again. The most important thing is to resist that first drink because that is the one that might throw all you willpower and convictions out the window. If you had the willpower to do one week you have just proven to yourself that you have what it takes and that you have not given up !

Kevah 12-17-2012 08:10 AM

Welcome, Cankicker! Glad you are a part of SR now :) Keep reading and posting! There is so much wisdom here :)

BoozeFree 12-17-2012 08:31 AM

Welcome to SR!

CanKicker 12-17-2012 08:37 AM

No way. I've been down that road the other times I tried. 1 eventually turned into 12+. Doing it right this time. Finally looking at myself in the mirror and admitting I am an alcoholic last week was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

logo 12-17-2012 08:42 AM

Welcome to SR. There are a lot of good people here at SR. Good luck. You are well on your way. Logo

tomb 12-17-2012 09:02 AM

Welcome I'm new also. This is a great place to start

duane1 12-17-2012 09:06 AM

Welcome! Great start with 6 days.

renaldo 12-17-2012 09:59 AM

Withdrawals suck rubber donkey lungs. I never had to go through them with another person. I was always alone to the Nth degree.

SoberMarathon 12-17-2012 10:54 AM

Hi CanKicker...sounds like you and I had nearly identical weeks last week! Had my final binge last weekend, last drink on December 11th, withdrawals for 2-3 days, and decided I'd had enough of this madness. Great minds must think alike! Nice job on turning the page.

Dee74 12-17-2012 02:16 PM

Welcome cankicker :)

D