Notices

Drinking while I cook

Old 12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I used to drink wine while i cooked. It came out well, but I would stay up to late and have a hangover sometimes. But I still did a good job. Often left a mess, but I still do sometimes. I have found myself less motivated about getting to my Christmas cookies, but my sobriety is 3 weeks young.

Ronaldo, out was Dan Akroyd who did the Julia Child bleeding finger skit. Funny. Old SNL.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=renaldo;3721708]I once made a concoction with what I had from the food pantry. Gov't issued canned pork, leftover flavor packets from ramen, and God knows what else. I ate some of it and went to sleep. When I tried it the next day, it became apparent that my taste buds were not firing on all cylinders the previous night. The Bitch's Brew was so bad, I just threw it out and chalked it up to experience.

Hilarious!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by renaldo View Post
I used to work with a woman. Her husband was from Lima, Peru. He was attempting to bake cookies while smoking pot. She came home to a smoke filled kitchen and him with beet red eyes staring at the oven. He said, "I kept looking at the little red light on the oven and it kept going off, so I thought I needed to turn the temperature up. My cookies never come out as good as yours do."

Very funny.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
I used to drink wine while i cooked. It came out well, but I would stay up to late and have a hangover sometimes. But I still did a good job. Often left a mess, but I still do sometimes. I have found myself less motivated about getting to my Christmas cookies, but my sobriety is 3 weeks young.

Ronaldo, out was Dan Akroyd who did the Julia Child bleeding finger skit. Funny. Old SNL.
Ah, I thought it was John Cleese, but whatever the case, it was classic. I've got thin blood, so if I nick myself shaving, the blood just doesn't stop. Well, just check this Python sketch and you won't be disappointed.