Notices

went to party...meh

Old 12-15-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

went to party...meh

I went to a party last night.

I spent $15 on cab, and when I arrived I felt pretty awkward just because everyone else there was on ketamine, molly, nitrous.

A friend I know was tripping and didn't even recognize me at first. He was later talking about the patterns the condensation was making on the glass door...

A few hours in, I got bored and wanted to be at home. My friend gave me a ride home, and we drank some juice.

The party scene did not appeal to me as much while sober, and I realized that a good percentage of my "friendships" with these people are based on drug experiences had this summer and our Facebook walls.

I would honestly rather stay at home right now.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Yikes, I would stay home too if that's the way your friends 'party'! I had to change my entire life pretty much to support my sobriety and recovery.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
A friend I know was tripping and didn't even recognize me at first. He was later talking about the patterns the condensation was making on the glass door...
Yeah...sounds like a great time...
how lame and sad.

It can be kind of a weird feeling when you realize that being chemically altered is all that you had in common with some people. But take heart...as you stay on your path you will meet people with whom you can have real experiences and build authentic memories. To be fully present is amazing...I've heard it referred to as "the new cool".
Old 12-15-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would concur. Meh is the word. Ketamine sounds like a dead end street, but I've never tried it, so I can't say for sure. I've heard of the K-hole. Doesn't sound like a nice place to be. Maybe I'm just naive.

Anyway, I'm glad you resisted. The whole scene is not really that attractive when you see it in the light of day, if you have the opportunity to.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank goodness you took a cab and didn't imbibe and drive. Give yourself some credit for that. $15 is a lot cheaper than a DUI.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job for not partaking, though I must be old because I have no idea what those drugs are you listed. Alcohol and Xanax abuser here. But it sounds like $15.00 is a small price to pay for realizing your staying clean is so much better. Best wishes to you.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your Sober Friend

Last time I was at a party was the last time I drank. Got absolutely smashed and got behind the wheel, almost getting my second DUI, it was then when I realized I can't do this anymore and would have to put it behind me. Parties remind me to much of the drug, I don't think I'll go back, even sober. I give you respect for being there though, I'm not sure how long you've been in recovery but I know right now I personally wouldn't be safe even around people who are using.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree that its great for your recovery that you went to a party, and saw how we all used to act, but don't let that make you stay home--the world can be very interesting, more so sober, I think, so go out and enjoy a sober world; i just mean sobriety does not equal solitude--all the best to you, Rick
Old 12-15-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

"sobriety does not equal solitude" - Thanks ricmcc. That is true. It's only been 5 days now for me, but in looking back, drinking so much led to solitude as I had to had my drinking and embarrassment and shame when I drank too much.