Notices

panic attacks

Old 12-15-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I used to set the timer on the microwave and tell myself that when the bell went off I would feel better....all i had to worry about was the timer i set...I literally could not think beyond that 45 mins.

sometimes being outside in fresh air helps too. If you are choosing this weekend to get sober, you know the drill for checking on your health...if it gets too bad, err on the side of caution and get yourself to ER. is there anyone you can call?
Old 12-15-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Fandy is right, if it gets to bad go to the ER. Some of the wonderful people here encouraged me to go to the ER yesterday morning because my anxiety and panic was so high. I am so glad I did. They were the most compassionate and understanding people I have ever met. They helped me and didn't judge me. Go if you need to. Don't suffer needlessly.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
LDT

Hey DS....really glad you went to the ER. My experiences there were always positive.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

LDT, you were one of the ones who really encouraged me to go. I cannot thank you enough. You were 110% right. Like I posted yesterday when I got home, they were compassionate and understanding and I am so glad I went.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Keep posting! Don't drink no matter what.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
My favorite lyric is ' gathering the ashes, all of them blowing away." do you know who?
I like the lyrics and checked out the Foo Fighters.

I remember Joe Walsh when he was in the James Gang... before the Eagles' "Hotel California," and before that he was in the band Barnstorm, if anyone cares to go back that far. Joe's had his problems with the drink as well.

It's kind of ironic. The naming of the band: Barnstorm, since you mentioned ashes. With the James Gang, Joe did the song "Ashes the Rain and I."

And to get even more obscure, I'll quote Daevid Allen:

"Hashish to ashes,
Lust unto dust,
Deodorant death to the to the idolized bust.
Pop goes the lolly,
Pot goes the head,
Tonight we are mourning rock music's dead."
Old 12-15-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by renaldo View Post
I like the lyrics and checked out the Foo Fighters.

I remember Joe Walsh when he was in the James Gang... before the Eagles' "Hotel California," and before that he was in the band Barnstorm, if anyone cares to go back that far. Joe's had his problems with the drink as well.

It's kind of ironic. The naming of the band: Barnstorm, since you mentioned ashes. With the James Gang, Joe did the song "Ashes the Rain and I."

And to get even more obscure, I'll quote Daevid Allen:

"Hashish to ashes,
Lust unto dust,
Deodorant death to the to the idolized bust.
Pop goes the lolly,
Pot goes the head,
Tonight we are mourning rock music's dead."
Hey R
I knew youd get on that. I would. Cool stuff. Hope youre good. Everything cool? Im def ocd . hope youre working towards your goal. Take care bro.
Dub
Dub