Notices

1 Week 2 Days Sober

Old 12-15-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 Week 2 Days Sober

Well after heavy whiskey drinking (.75mL/day) for about a year I am finally 1 week and 2 days sober. It feels pretty weird, almost like I've gained a certain sense of clarity. I don't even remember what it was like to be sober before this. I've been drinking moderately heavy for 4 years before that, and smoking marijuana every day multiple times a day, but now it's nice to feel like I am getting clear headed again. I don't ever see myself going back to drinking like that, I'm more motivated than ever to get back in the gym and get back to my former gym rat self.

It feels nice, I know now that I don't need alcohol to cope. I've been dealing with some fatigue since I stopped, but I'm hoping that by taking vitamins, eating healthy, and getting back in the gym it'll get better.

Next step is to stop the chewing tobacco. That one is going to be even harder I feel, I love my chew.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations magpul

D
Old 12-15-2012, 02:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I started problem drinking because I was depressed and unhappy with life. I drank for 5 years and when I finally stopped and got sober, I couldn't remember what i was depressed about. I realized that it was the alcohol that was making me miserable. I now realize that it is much easier to cope with life's challenges sober and alcohol just provides temporary relief of unhappiness.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congratulations magpul

D
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I started problem drinking because I was depressed and unhappy with life. I drank for 5 years and when I finally stopped and got sober, I couldn't remember what i was depressed about. I realized that it was the alcohol that was making me miserable. I now realize that it is much easier to cope with life's challenges sober and alcohol just provides temporary relief of unhappiness.
That's pretty much why I started. Things just started to go in a downward spiral for me, lost my job, had to move a way from a state I love (Colorado) and move back in with my parents at 25, girl problems, general depression and anxiety. The only thing that I felt I could do was pick up a bottle and attempt to drown it out. That never worked, it was there the next morning and it just felt worse with a hangover. The gym is the best high I've ever felt and I'm looking forward to really kicking into overdrive after I get back from Christmas vacation. Ready to get my IT certifications and finish school so I can get back to Colorado next year and find a job.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Magpul on your 9 days.

Looks like we will be celebrating our 30 together!
I can't wait
Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by takintyme View Post
Congrats Magpul on your 9 days.

Looks like we will be celebrating our 30 together!
I can't wait
Sounds good to me!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Magpul, 1 Week 2 Days Sober? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way 2 go! Everyday without drinking is a good one for me. Congrats 2 u.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, and I meant 3/4 of a 750ml bottle, that's an important distinction to make!